Have a theme song?

Mine might be Feel Like Making Love–Bad Company.

How about you? Gotta song that pretty much sums things up for you lately?

Doin’ Pretty Good for the Shape I’m In by the Arc Angels

Chiefy, How I’ve missed you! I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends–The Beatles

Young, Gifted and Black by Nina Simone.

Although I am neither young, gifted or black.

Jesus Don’t Want Me for a Sunbeam by Nirvana

Hey! Welcome back, the chief!

Uh . . . While you were gone there may have been some things said . . . well; written . . . and . . . uh . . . it was all done in jest, of course . . . and uh . . . I just hope there are no hard feelings . . . :blush: Fortunately, much of the damage was in “temp” and will be “water under the bridge” in a week. So, no harm done, eh? Pal? :whistle:

My theme song?

“The Wanderer”, “Mongoloid”, or “If I Only Had a Brain.” Maybe a medley of the three.

1 Like

Double post.

Move along.

Nothin’ to see here.

Theme song? Not really. I tend to have one song looping for a while in my loopy head, but things change pretty regularly.

I guess now that’s Dave Grusin’s the Peter Gunn Theme…but it’s about time for a change. Piano line’s pretty infectious, though. :slight_smile:

For a while it was She Left Me For Jesus by Hayes Carll.

Each Episode brings forth a new soundtrack on rotation in me skull.

This latest scene: “The Beast In Me”, by Nick Lowe.

Even better, Lowe ex-father-in-law John Cash’s version of same, introduced at The Viper Room by John as :
“You know, I got a lot of daughters…which pretty much means I’ve ended up with a lot of sons-in-law, and most of 'em, well…most of ‘em weren’t even worth killin’…but this here’s a song by one of the good ones…”

Think it has to be this.

youtube.com/watch?v=q08o4TpNsr4

Remember you’re a Womble

the chief! woohoo! I have a new favourite JC song.

I don’t have one.

Sliding In ‘n’ Out of Grace, Mudhoney from Superfuzzbigmuff (Not a song about religion)

Catholic Block, Sonic Youth from Sister

Flute Loop, Beastie Boys from Ill Communication

I LOVED that Mudhoney album!

I think I’m turning Taiwanese,
I think I’m turning Taiwanese,
I really THINK so,
da da da di dah dah dah…

I don’t think anyone else does …

I have two.

1. ‘Creep’ Radiohead. This song sums up how I mostly feel about my place on this earth, and how I interact with others. “I don’t belong here…”
  2. ‘You can’t get the best of me.’ Cypress (Tom)Hill. This song is the rage I feel and the fight I have inside me about life. “Breakin down fools is my motherfuckin mission. One by one they’ll all come out missin. You can’t fuck with this here kid, I AIN’T BITCHIN.”

OK, thought of one: My Blakean Year Patti Smith

Brace yourself for bitter flack
For a life sublime
A labyrinth of riches
Never shall unwind
The threads that bind the pilgrim’s sack
Are stitched into the Blakean back
So throw off your stupid cloak
Embrace all that you fear
For joy will conquer all despair
In my Blakean year

You haven’t seen the way I drive.