Have you turned into your parents?

When I met up with my mom today we were accidentally wearing almost the same outfit. We also both have similar glasses, since that happens to be the shape that flatters our faces. When I walked into my grandma’s house, she actually thought I was my mom until I removed my hat. At this point I’m just a haircut away from us being physically indistinguishable from one another.

I talk and think more like my dad. I also find myself repeating some of his old jokes that always made me roll my eyes. And without my glasses I look a lot more like him. But in general, the way I style and carry myself is very my mom. I swear it isn’t intentional - it just so happens that we are drawn to the same things!

Dear old mom and dad. Have you found yourself turning into one or both of your parents as you’ve gotten older?

No. In fact as I’ve got older I’ve become more and more unlike them.

1 Like

That’s interesting. Are you close to your parents? My mother is one of five and she isn’t much like either of her parents. I think it’s because she spent a lot of time away from home because it was crowded and she hated being there. I also think it’s because the runt always tends to march to their beat of their own drum. But I’m the only child, and I actually like my parents, so I’ve always hung out with them a lot.

1 Like

I noticed that some of my mannerisms resemble my father’s. But in most aspects of my life I am totally unlike my parents. Polar opposite actually. My younger brother is more like them and I think that’s why they like him more :grin:

1 Like

Well … my dad, not really. My mum … yes, but we disagree (amicably) on a whole bunch of stuff.

Things didn’t pan out particularly well for my parents, so I think I made a conscious effort to try not to make the mistakes they did. I still share some of their basic personality traits, I guess, but my general outlook on life is very different.

I’ve started to copy my Dad’s habit of whistling jazz guitar riffs over hard rock tunes. :persevere: