Have You Updated Your Mac to High Sierra?

Have you updated your Mac? How is it and what is the date of your Mac (something like this)

**These Mac models are compatible with macOS Sierra

• MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)

Sort of? I bought a new iMac at the start of 2018, and it came with High Sierra; if I recall correctly, I updated my old iMac to High Sierra, then almost immediately exported everything to the new iMac.

No real comments in favor of or against High Sierra. It’s fine. Well, it’s been MUCH faster for me, but I assume that’s mainly because I moved from a 2009 to a 2017 iMac.

I have a couple Mac. I’m wondering about my Mac Air 13 inch from 2011. It’s never crashed and sometimes.

I leave it turned on for months at a time and it just runs and runs and runs even today it just has lightning speed with like 60 tabs and 10 windows open at one time while watching YouTube and hotspotting to another computer and viewing videos and pictures and playing a game and have another game or two in the background when then I pop up Netflix and downloading like 5 or 10 other big files at the time.

So I’m kind of wondering if they’re going to try to slow it down with Sierra.

I found quite the opposite my MacBook Pro 2013 feels faster and a lot quicker when dealing with my iOS things /phone iPad Apple TV. My new iMac was pre installed with it and as above just feels fast anyway because it’s new.

1 Like

Macbook Pro, early 2011, high sierra and running good.

1 Like

Yep, that’ll do it :rofl::rofl:

I think Apple has proved with their last few years of MacOS and iOS updates that they are not interested in slowing down devices or trying to force upgrades–if anything, they are doing more and more each year to make sure that older devices run even better on new software updates.

And it’s a damn good thing, because they haven’t been doing a good job of making new Macs that most people actually want to upgrade to.

Personally, I have a 2013 MacBook Air that still runs so well I can’t see needing to upgrade it for at least another 2 or 3 years. That being said, if Apple came out with something that was worth upgrading to (e.g. a 13 inch MacBook Air successor with full-powered CPU and high-res screen), then I would certainly upgrade. The damn thing is 5 years old after all…

I have a 13" Mac Air from 2015 running HS. I also keep it running all the time, with multiple tabs open one of which is usually YT with a a video paused. No issues at all. I probably reboot once every two months or so, only when I think of it.

Early 2015 MacBook Air here – have not upgraded. I’m still running Yosemite. Mostly because Adobe CS4 won’t run on later OS versions and the cloud version is really expensive when I already own the stand-alone software.

Updated my 2011 Mac Air 13 today. Miraculously found 10Gb more of free space after the install. Started with 21Gb, now have 31Gb free.

Updated Garageband and noticed it downloaded 2Gb of sound and loop data.