Having a family member in Taiwan w/ PARC. Can I extend visa?

Im in the midst of changing language schools now where I study, but there will be a gap in when the new class starts.

As such, my visa ends Nov 30/08.

I was reading while doing a search that someone (maybe Hartzell?) that if you have a family member in Taiwan, the FAP may give an extention.

Is this still the case? And how would I apply for it?