Having met the family

My father used to have endless conversations about marriage. Two things have always held true.

1. marriage is a job, if you don’t work at it, you loose the job.
  2. Marry your friend because love fades and friendship might be the only glue that binds during the bad times.

There is nothing wrong with marriage if one is smart about it.[/quote]

I think you mean “realistic,” don’t you? I’m not sure how “smart” it is to take on an additional job for life, and look forward to spending your middle and later years with someone for whom you have great feelings of friendship but no passion for.

I do think that a successful long-term marriage relationship takes a great degree of unselfishness and willingness to sacrifice on the part of both people involved. That’s the admirable part.

Me, I’d rather just have a bunch of good friends, and switch lovers when the passion dies. I may change some day. Cynicism is an indulgence I’m not ready to give up yet.

Well, haven’t been to dinner at the parents for 3 days in a row.
I feel great, the weather is nice, I went to the park jogging and have the feeling that I am slowly loosing my Chinese-New-Year-fat again, but here it comes: We are supposed to go over again tonight. Haven’t eating much the whole day so far…=(

Don’t forget to come to the Forumosa Happy Hour tonight at Alleycat’s after you’re done with the BF’s folks… :sunglasses:

[quote=“mesheel”]Well, haven’t been to dinner at the parents for 3 days in a row.
I feel great, the weather is nice, I went to the park jogging and have the feeling that I am slowly losing my Chinese-New-Year-fat again, but here it comes: We are supposed to go over again tonight. Haven’t eating much the whole day so far…=([/quote]
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU FEEL GREAT? You haven’t been “home” for dinner in THREE DAYS! You’re going to become deathly ill if you don’t go “home” for mommy-in-law’s food very, very soon. Hurry along now, Mesheel. Don’t delay. And remember to drink all your soup. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah…it’s the soup. My dear bomu can’t just understand why people don’t eat soup. How can you be full without having even eat one bowl of rice and soup!!!
It’s very hard for her to accept, that I don’t even want to taste it…poor bomu…

Yeah, I just saw that today is Happy Hour. Who is going there and how do I know who is who…I don’t wanna end up all alone there…
Can I bring my boyfriend? But then again, who is going to talk to me, when I stick to him…hmm…complicated issue…
Shall I really come and is my bike save outside Alleycat’s? I don’t want my dear little xiaohuang to be stolen…