Having problems with Skype

I have been using SkypeOut for all my overseas calls for quite some time, but for the past few weeks it hasn’t been working. I can hear the other person speaking, but they can’t hear me and they only hear their own echo. I thought it might be my mic, but I bought another headset yesterday and still experienced the same problem. Either it’s a problem with Skype or it’s the configuration on my machine. My options are:

(1) Switch to another provider if Skype is at fault - I won’t mind doing this, but I still have about 10 Euros of SkypeOut credit.

(2) Fix the problem(s) with my setup - I don’t think this will help as I didn’t change anything prior to the problem.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any suggestions to what I should do?

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated :thanks:

teggs

Can you hear yourself through the speakers if you turn on the mic input in windows volume control ?
If you change volume control to show “recording” instead of “playback” is the mic turned on ?
Have you tried calling “echo123” in skype ? If you turn the mic volume all the way up and shout, can you hear yourself, but quietly ?

Yes

Not sure what you mean here :s

I just did it. I recorded the message, but couldn’t here it when it was supposed to have been replayed, which means there is something wrong with my mic setup. Any ideas?

Check the settings for your audio and sound devices in your Control Panel. My settings did strange things on their own once and my microphone on my headset was no longer being recognized. Oh yeah . . . you did not accidently mute the microphone on either Skype or your volume control?

Could you be more specific … thanks! :notworthy:

teggs

For Windows XP

Start / Control Panel / Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices

Then select Sounds and Audio Devices.

Have a look at the Audio tab and the Voice tab

Skype always worked perfect for me … until they started including video, now I’ve disturbed voice and regular error messages from Skype :s

Me too. Used to be great and now its hardly usuable.

I noticed the same thing after i got video. I found that it started taking the mic input from both my headset mic and my webcam mic. Within different settings i changed the default audio setting back to the headset and it works like it used to.
I also found with the new video i can even use it with people on slow dial up with some sucess. Leaps and bounds over the MSN system. IMHO :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the input. Skype actually has a detailed help section on this topic. It can be found here:

skype.com/help/guides/soundsetup_xp.html

I was able to follow all the steps, except I couldn’t check “Microphone” in recording window. No matter what I do the box just doesn’t want to get checked!

Any ideas? … is this my problem?

I think it could also be a Windows thing as this is not the most original copy :blush:

uninstall and reinstal skype?? :s

So your microphone doesn’t work for ANY software?

Go to your Device Manager and see if your audio device appears to be correctly installed (Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Sound Video and Game Controllers). Anything there appear to not be correctly installed or enabled? You’ll know cos it will have a question or exclamation mark, or an X through it. It might also be found in a section called “Other Devices” or “Unknown Devices”, rather than “Sound Video and Game Controllers” if Windows doesn’t even know what it is. If anything seems wrong, try to update the driver (If it’s disabled, re-enable it).

Take a screenshot of the Sound Video and Game Controllers section of the device manager and someone might be able to help you further.

I don’t the Skype’s the problem. I think it’s because I can’t check the microphone box in the recording window (see above).

[quote=“irishstu”]Go to your Device Manager and see if your audio device appears to be correctly installed (Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Sound Video and Game Controllers). Anything there appear to not be correctly installed or enabled? You’ll know cos it will have a question or exclamation mark, or an X through it. It might also be found in a section called “Other Devices” or “Unknown Devices”, rather than “Sound Video and Game Controllers” if Windows doesn’t even know what it is. If anything seems wrong, try to update the driver (If it’s disabled, re-enable it).
[/quote]

I check this and everything seems fine. I don’t have “Other Devices” or “Unknown Devices” sections and everything is installed and working properly.

Do you think it would help to uninstall and then re-install my soundcard?

[quote=“teggs”]

Do you think it would help to uninstall and then re-install my soundcard?[/quote]

I think that’s the logical next step, yes.