Hay fever in Taipei - antihistamine wanted

I’m on lockdown! suffering terrible hay fever I dare not go out sneezing, runny nose so no mask, red eyes and a light cough.
Getting no share lift and other looks recently, go out like this foreigner with the Plague.
I was hoping not get it here but as bad as UK just a little earlier.
I need some anti histamine contain Centrazine any ideas of brand that sell them?

Almost every local pharmacy sells antihistamines. Just tell the pharmacist working there what you’re looking for. Are you allowed to leave the house?

3 Likes

You can buy benedryl from a pharmacy but they’re still a little pricey at 10nt a pill. Some said they found it for 1nt a pill

1 Like

Was buying for myself yesterday. What I found was Claritin sold in Cosmed store. Google is telling it’s fairly close to what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Buy small blue pills called Desora in your local drug store. 10 pills for 100 in dodgy looking packaging.
Google the medicine name and show the store the picture.

https://images.app.goo.gl/VS6RzD3UzPsG9vv17

1 Like

I can leave the house just don’t want to way I look, I contacted a friend going to pharmacy for me.

small blue pill? are you sure it’s an antihistimine?

Considering they are sold at 3 dollars for 100 at Walmart they’re actually kinda expensive here… but I also find that the benedryl given here is 50mg, whereas the Walmart one is 25mg.

Yes, i took it semi regularly for my hay fever and cold allergy.

Alternatively, you could try Othrivin.

I also find cetirizine works better for heavy allergy

Allegra 180 available everywhere otc

1 Like

From my collection. 'The one Bear said, Allegra
Show the pharmacy this

1 Like

Yes. If you say Allegra they’ll pull out Viagara.

1 Like

I usually hit this Japanese chain pharmacy for my sinus related issues. Japan has some really good stuff and they’re not just pushing Taiwan products and limited International options. Most everything has English ingredient description on the box.

Japan Medical pharmacy chain 日藥本舖.

Better luck Google Map search with Chinese characters for locations.

Not to make you even more worried, but are you sure it’s just hay fever?

Cetirizine is dirt cheap and available everywhere.

@arcticsquid is walking around with a raging boner

Indeed, Japan has a Nasal Spray /that’s the name/ that works instantly. Instant
long-lasting relief.

https://shopee.com.my/Sato-Nazal-Nose-Spray-30ml-Japan-nasal-allergy-i.10789060.2375777761

It’s Spring. It is awful. It could be worse if you were say in Japan. I learned that the hard way and that spray worked magic.

I’ve got some came loose 3nt each, look identical to ones I bought in UK.
I can use lift now not sneezing, no runny nose and wear a mask Yay.

Something else I have to buy, sounds good.

I recommend Shanghai Pharmacy in Taipei. Great selection, even better prices.

Is that the one that makes you gush like Niagara Falls? :thinking: