He drove in to my house

Yesterday during the rain a guest to my house just drove his scooter straight in to my house to get out of the rain. My living room is right behind my front door so he went straight over my rug and stopped just before my sofa. He considered this the norm as there was heavy rain outside and this was the only way to stay dry when taking off his raincoat has I have no outside covering/porch. This can’t be right. Can it?

:astonished: get new friends :astonished:

Maybe you live in one of those first floor apartments that looks like a parking space? There are loads of people that hang out in their garage that doubles as their living room or binglang selling place. I se you live in Tainan. You can expect loads of strange things down there, if you want a life which approximates European or American living styles, try Taipei TienMu or other upscale Taipei neighborhoods. No guarantees, but closer to life in your home country than down south. With that said, the South can infinitely more interesting and rewarding, too may McDonalds, Starbucks, Pizza Hut etc., here in Taipei.

lucky he wasn’t driving a car

[quote]This can’t be right. Can it?
[/quote]

No, but it sounds about right.

He didn’t say ‘paisai’? … so rude … :smiley:

you didn’t give him a towel to dry off with?

Kick him out.

[quote=“JoshTW”] I se you live in Tainan. You can expect loads of strange things down there, if you want a life which approximates European or American living styles, try Taipei Tianmu or other upscale Taipei neighborhoods. [/quote]Ohhh puh-leeese:unamused:

As Calpurnia said to Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird, “If that boy wants to pour syrup all over that tablecloth and then eat it up, you go right on and let 'em. He’s your guest.” :wink:

[quote]JoshTW wrote:
I se you live in Tainan. You can expect loads of strange things down there, if you want a life which approximates European or American living styles, try Taipei Tianmu or other upscale Taipei neighborhoods. [/quote]
Tainan Cowboy wrote

[quote]Ohhh puh-leeese…[/quote] Yeah, I would have responded to this slur earlier but I was busy smearing the walls of my apartment with sacrificial chicken blood.
It’s a bit of a generalisation to say that things down here are strange; it would be like describing Taipei as gay.

bigal,

I’m just curious… is your name derived from “bi gal” or “big Al”?

Curious Tiger wrote [quote]I’m just curious… is your name derived from “bi gal” or “big Al”?[/quote]
Careful Tigerman,
Or this thread could veer off topic and get stranded on the shores of Lesbos.

[quote=“Tigerman”]bigal,

I’m just curious… is your name derived from “bi gal” or “big Al”?[/quote]

Which one do ya want it to be? :howyoudoin:

[quote=“Tigerman”]bigal,

I’m just curious… is your name derived from “bi gal” or “big Al”?[/quote]

Haha! Check the order in which I inquired!

Surely I’m not the only one who has been wondering?

[quote=“almas john”]
Careful Tigerman,
Or this thread could veer off topic and get stranded on the shores of Lesbos.[/quote]

I can think of worse places to be stranded!

[quote=“almas john”][quote]JoshTW wrote:
I se you live in Tainan. You can expect loads of strange things down there, if you want a life which approximates European or American living styles, try Taipei Tianmu or other upscale Taipei neighborhoods. [/quote]
Tainan Cowboy wrote

[quote]Ohhh puh-leeese…[/quote] Yeah, I would have responded to this slur earlier but I was busy smearing the walls of my apartment with sacrificial chicken blood.
It’s a bit of a generalisation to say that things down here are strange; it would be like describing Taipei as gay.[/quote] Don’t get your knickers in a twist. I don’t even know Tainan that well. You guys do have one of the best department stores in Taiwan at Mitsukoshi Tainan. Really nice, my wife loves to shop there when we stop off in Tainan every once in a while.

Anyway, I was only joking. I am sure that life in Tainan and the people there are not all that much different than in Taipei. Actually, I was kind of playing with the OP because he seemed so surprised. In many ways, I think living in Tainan is more civilized than living in Taipei.

[quote=“JoshTW”][quote=“almas john”][quote]JoshTW wrote:
Tainan Cowboy wrote

It’s a bit of a generalisation to say that things down here are strange; it would be like describing Taipei as gay.[/quote] Don’t get your knickers in a twist. I don’t even know Tainan that well. You guys do have one of the best department stores in Taiwan at Mitsukoshi Tainan. Really nice, my wife loves to shop there when we stop off in Tainan every once in a while.

Anyway, I was only joking. I am sure that life in Tainan and the people there are not all that much different than in Taipei. Actually, I was kind of playing with the OP because he seemed so surprised. In many ways, I think living in Tainan is more civilized than living in Taipei.[/quote]

I think you have over-backpedalled. (Could suggest that to the OP’s rain-averse friend?)

[color=red]Beep!Beep!Beep!Beep!Beep!Beep![/color]

Sorry. My bullshit-o-meter just went off the scale.

As for someone parking their bike in your living room, you should have exclaimed, “Oh! You guys do home deliveries! And even in the rain! I’m going to have to recommend your scooter shop to all my friends!” Then take the keys, toss them into your bedroom and lock the door.

Or failing that, you could get a few of your friends to help you dismantle it, scatter the parts all over Tainan and hold a scavenger hunt to collect all the pieces again. You could have clues like, “The meat here is nearly 70 years old…your front brakes are at ____________”.

Well hey, your door was open wasn’t it?
It’s like, you know, like when you’re eating at one of those little restaurants, see, and… without saying a word to you… some guy walks up to your table, see, then reaches in front of your face and grabs the box of napkins… yeah. Same thing, only different.