Head of Sorbonne attacks 'ignorant' student protesters

This is not meant to be a swipe at the French.
IMO, its a wise old school guy making this commentary.

[quote]Head of Sorbonne attacks ‘ignorant’ student protesters
Kim Willsher in Paris, Monday April 3, 2006, The Guardian

Quote I heard on CNN:

[quote=“purple people eaters”]Quote I heard on CNN:

Can t believe that I agree with the article TC has posted. Havent read the rest of the text though.

I m fed up with what is going on again here. I think it is true that our youth wants everything without having to struggle. Talk about manipulation, here is a good example. Not much space is given in the newspapers to the people supporting this reform. Although around me, in many are in favor to give it a try. But if one dares to say, I m for this reform, they are considered fascists.

This law should enable them to get a first job, a first experience (something that is very difficult to get now).
I personally think we should try this law and if not good, we have next year’s election and can sanction it.

But IMO, the batttle is now political, all unions united, the left and students with them. They want the head of the PM.

Of course, demonstration, strikes are part of our education (every year or so there are high schools strikes against reform). It means we are politically educated. We also live with 1789 in our heads. But too much is too much. Especially when we have to adapt to a new world.

See I like my country but I just hate that side. For once, someone has decided to takle this problem which was the spark of the last november crisis and I m afraid that if Villepin backs up and nothing is done, there will be more clashes soon.

[quote=“SHARLEE”]Can t believe that I agree with the article TC has posted. [/quote]Mde. SHARLEE -
I am…how you say?..nuanced

It is a good article and Dr Pitte gives good advice for the citizens and students.

Mr TC
I do not agree with your last statement

[quote=“SHARLEE”]Mr TC
I do not agree with your last statement[/quote]SHARLEE -
Ahhh…now you are being the coquette…intriqueing… :wink:

Youth with the give-me-everything-I-want-now attitude aren’t peculiar to France.

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”]Youth with the give-me-everything-I-want-now attitude aren’t peculiar to France.[/quote]Dr. Z -
Thiat is certainly true.
However Dr. Pitte, the Sorbonne and the students and citizenry featured in this article are in France. And the continuing riots are in France.
I have seen the same ridiculous sense of entitlement in people, not just students, from the USA, Canada, the UK and also here on Taiwan.
IMO it is the result of a ‘nanny state cradle to grave’ social/political climate.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
IMO it is the result of a ‘nanny state cradle to grave’ social/political climate.[/quote]

I would go one step further and say that is more than just opinion. It is a fact.

TC and DZ: Did you guys coordinate to get your avatars to compliment each other so well, or is that just a coincidence?

:smiley:

[quote=“Hobbes”]TC and DZ: Did you guys coordinate to get your avatars to compliment each other so well, or is that just a coincidence?

:smiley:[/quote]

That is not the only similarity between the avatars. Both creatures release a lot of ink and are constantly searching for schools of fish. :smiling_imp:

Pure serendipity…!

Unlike TC, I actually look like my avatar.