Headphone repair in Taipei

Hi,
My headphones recently stopped working and I’d like to see if I can get them fixed as they are custom and quite expensive. Most likely I need a connector reterminated to make them work again. Does anyone know of any stores that can do this in Taipei, preferably near Zhongshan? Thanks.

I’d like to know the same thing! I suspect the same problem. There’s a guy with a little stand here who I suspect would be up to it. You can actually see him sitting on his stool there:

maps.google.com/maps?q=ximendin … 32,0,4.87

It’s a bit random though.

i can’t see him. Have you used him before?

No. He’s in front of 25 Zhonghua Road Sec. 1, near the corner of Kaifeng Street. He’s had a little table there forever, so he must be doing something right.

ok, ill see if there’s anything closer and if not i will use table guy. lol

Funny mine are working again, if I don’t move my head too much :slight_smile: Can’t figure out if it’s wire or something else

99% sure that’s the wire^

Had the same issue (had to move head/shake it around to get it to work, lol) and it was the wire.

[quote=“Jaffa cake”]99% sure that’s the wire^

Had the same issue (had to move head/shake it around to get it to work, lol) and it was the wire.[/quote]

I tried messing with it but I got no sound out of it. I don’t even hear a pop when I connect it to the jack.

sometimes it could even be the plug… sometimes those molded thing loses connection for whatever reason. Perhaps you can try replacing the cable.

I think thats a likely answer T.Luthiers. Any suggestions for a good shop or individual that can help?

I’m not well versed in headphone repair… because I don’t really do micro soldering that modern electronics devices are known for (you know, stuff not generally found on guitars). Like I said, there should be someone at the AV street who can do such repair. Unless your headphone use large-ish solder lugs, which I can easily do, I don’t really do micro soldering.

What sort of headphones are they anyway (I mean apart from “custom”)? Can you post a pic?

If it would be by any chance a Dr.Beats with iTalk control, you can get a new cable on 3F in GuangHua Computer Centre (and most likely repair stores on 5F)
Cable ain’t cheap at 1000 NTD but still better than loosing a 7000 NTD headphone…

I went by Hifi on Chongqing S. Road today. He helped me figure out it’s definitely the wire. He also recommended going to Guanghua to scrape up a replacement.

They are custom denon AHD 2000s.
lawtonaudio.com/page8.html
That’s the customizer’s website.

[quote=“Multiracial Man”]They are custom denon AHD 2000s.
lawtonaudio.com/page8.html
That’s the customizer’s website.[/quote]

Wow, those are snazzy.

Yes, try the 4th and 5th floors of Guanghua. There are several shops that do hi-fi repair, etc. I’d be surprised if none of them were willing to help you out.

There’s also a wire shop in Guanghua who tested my wire and confirmed it was shot. Got a stock wire back home for $15, was gonna cost several times more here. Babies back in full form now

Most of the time, the error is on the cable/plug connection. A well-placed cut and soldering in a new plug should do it. I recall seeing electronic repair shops at Guanghua underground market, in Xinsheng south road. I’m pretty sure they can fix it for you.