Headphones thread

I got my wife these headphones for Christmas through Amazon (for travel), and they are fantastic so far. Not quite up to my Sennheiser HD650s by any measure, but not too far off from my Hifiman 400Is.

They are lacking in the lower frequencies, for sure, but still have a nice low end punch. The mid and high frequencies are nice and clear, without being too sibilant. At $100 US, they are a steal.

Here they are, the Thinksound ON2:
https://www.amazon.com/thinksound-Monitor-Headphone-Natural-Black/dp/B01KZTHVGG

There are adapters but not really common and are harder to find. Looks like you need a USB-C female to USB-micro(?) male adapter. Most go the other direction. I havenā€™t really looked myself. Something like this. If you find them, buy more than one, as they break really easy.

And in the stupid questions department: what is the difference between a micro and a 3.0 and a 3.1? How do I know which one my phone has?

@mad_masala?

Are you talking about USB cables?

EDIT: yes, you are. I know shops where you can buy adapters, sometimes much much cheaper than in the more ā€œbeautifulā€ shops. show me some day what you have and we can find the adapter, or maybe try luck on ruten.

I need to plug the Huawei earphones into my phone. The jack is too big on the Huawei because it is a type C. The plug in thingy in my phone could be a micro, a 3.1 or a 3.0. I need to know in order to buy the right adaptor.

I have seen several on Yahoo, less than 200 NTD, but I donā€™t know which one to buy. Huawei earphones were 500 NTD BTW.

Jack or USB port? you better post picturesā€¦

USB port. I posted pic of headphones already. They should plug in the center thingy.

IMG_20190327_134640

I have found this adapter:

Screenshot_20190327-001042

But I donā€™t know if the size is right.

Your phone seems to have a minijack. Does you headset have a minijack too? why to plug your earphones through a USB port? thatā€™s only what retarded and Apple users do.

Isnā€™t that redundant?

No, some mentally disabled people donā€™t use Apple products.

Well, that is the enchufe the Huawei earphones have! They were cheap! They look cool! they have very good ratings!

Can you please post a picture of your earphoneā€™s plug?

https://hifiguides.com/

This website has been developed over a very long time by an audiophile who used to work as home media/surround installer and is now working full time as Youtube reviewer.
Itā€™s being update constantly and can be a great way to find some interesting gear with specific features within a particular price range.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s some website about how audiophiles get rip off big time, with blind tests results and all that stuff. I read somewhere they got a lot of hate xD

Iā€™ll look for it tonight and link it hereā€¦ If I find it.

I love blind test results, people always get so butthurt.

ā€œThis photo is clearly the worst one of the group, it must have been taken with a kit lens, look how soft itā€¦oh, a Leica? 8000$? Well, now that Iā€™ve had more time to analyze it, this photo does indeed show a unique character, with a look that clearly sets it apart from the othersā€¦ā€

1 Like

Yeah a bit like guitars and probably many other things.

Heresy.

An even deeper and more profound heresy.

All of these depend on your ears and with instruments, how playable it is.

Headphone talk - hooray! I didnā€™t know there were so many hi-fi heads in TW. A pleasant surprise for sure.

For plane: Bose QC35ii (gonna audition the new 700ā€™s, but these still work so unless a HUGE jump Iā€™ll hold off)

For home: Oppo PM-3 (wanna find a nice pair of open back headphones next)

For gym: jabra elite sport+

For everyday: airpods v1

IEM: UE Custom csx 18+ / shure se535 (these donā€™t get as much use since I got the ue customs - which are SICK)

Where do you guys go to audition and buy headphones?

3 Likes