"health beer"

I’m a bit surprised no one has mentioned this yet: Taiwan Pijiu’s new, um, health beer.

th.gio.gov.tw/show.cfm?news_id=15353

Has anyone tasted this stuff yet?

Don’t know what the Taiwan stuff’s like, but a mainland version has been available for a long time. It comes in a green can with a picture of the fungus on the front. It doesn’t seem to taste much different from ordinary yellow beer to me.

However, before I tried it, my arms and legs were withered stumps and I used to have to use a kind of skateboard thingy to get down to the hospital for my chemotherapy.

One can later, though, and I can run and jump to my heart’s content. It really is a miracle product.

Guess who’s got shares in Taiwan Pijiu!

What’s with this new marketing ploy - aren’t all beers healthy?
Look at Kirin and Asahi - now comes in the sports cans for when your on the move. I always strap a few of these on my mountain bike to prevent dehydration when hitting the trails.

anyone knows, what does GANODERMA mean as the Englsih brand name? gano derma? what the eff? anuybody drink it yet here. I can’;t find it in Keeling!

I think it’s the scientific name of the fungus

It does seem to work, actually.

I find I drive better after a couple of pints.

And it’s excellent for sportsmen. Look how much your pool improves after a few snifters.

“Whether you want to love or make love, stay healthy and keep up with energetic actions at night, you must not be caught without Taiwan Goddamn Beer,” Taiwan Tobacco and Wine Chairman Wang Teh-shan said Thursday in introducing the 4.5 percent alcoholic drink to the audience

He has obviously never been to Ireland.

[quote=“cranky laowai”]I’m a bit surprised no one has mentioned this yet: Taiwan Pijiu’s new, um, health beer.

th.gio.gov.tw/show.cfm?news_id=15353

Has anyone tasted this stuff yet?[/quote]

I went to the alchohol show a few months ago at the TWTC and there were many locally made health beers. They all tasted pretty good, but I haven’t seen any for sale yet.

They are all coming soon as now the beer monopoly is getting broken up and people are allowed to brew. See my post on the Jolly Brew Thai Restuarant in Neihu here: http://forums.segue.com.tw/viewtopic.php?t=6053