Health Check

Here is a list in English of which hospitals are allowed to perform Health Check:
cdc.gov.tw/english/list.aspx … 55c34bb13d

Would you have any recommendation for an affordable place to perform an health check ? ( It’s for the paperworks related to a visa for mandarin study (a kind of mandarin training center).
And what would be an acceptable price ?

Thanks in advance for your help

I’m a Canadian getting married to a Taiwanese . Need that health check before getting that arc. Does anybody knows what’s the procedure for the he health check ?

Been going through other posts on here but it’s work related health checks .whats the diff

got this done at the cardinal tien hospital near qizhang, in the family health dept. you just go in between 9 and 5 inc Saturdays. blood taken, MMR if you can’t prove you had it, chest x ray. go back 10 days later job done. take a couple of photos and your passport, you get the application form on line. its easy.

I’m not sure but I think this thread is about different kind of health check that I’m looking for… but maybe you can help me or point to the right thread.

So, I’m gonna turn 30 this year, and think it’s good time to do a thorough health exam. My company is not even doing those basic blood test exams for us, so I want to find a good exam package myself.

I’m in Taichung, and so far I’ve checked Jen-Ai hospital and ZhongShan Hospital. The first has 12500 TWD offer for half a day, and 17500 offer for full day. Zhongshan has 6000 TWD basic offer, but the tests I would like to do are included in 16500 TWD package, which is a little much for me. My parents always say health has no price… but… anyone has experience with China Medical Uni Hospital? Or any other hospital in Taichung? I’d appreciate suggestions~ :notworthy:

[quote=“mukashi”]
I’m in Taichung, and so far I’ve checked Ren’ai hospital and ZhongShan Hospital. The first has 12500 TWD offer for half a day, and 17500 offer for full day. Zhongshan has 6000 TWD basic offer, but the tests I would like to do are included in 16500 TWD package, which is a little much for me.[/quote]

I always thought these over-priced health check “packages” to be kind of cute. I saw the “results” from one of my friend’s health check and it was this beautifully bound booklet of the same information I got from a complete blood work-up at Kaiser back in the US that took 15 minutes (including waiting time).

[quote=“Lee Hi”]I’m a Canadian getting married to a Taiwanese . Need that health check before getting that arc. Does anybody knows what’s the procedure for the he health check ?

Been going through other posts on here but it’s work related health checks .whats the diff[/quote]

I simply told information I was there to get a health check to be a teacher. They ask what it’s for so I guess they have different forms for various reasons. They just did a regular vitals check, x-ray for TB, and blood work. Got it back in a week. My husbands measles and rubella antibodies was below the level they require, so he had to have the vaccine. It was 1445NT for each of us. And then he paid 1000NT for the vaccine, which to me is a rip off. But, no health insurance yet, what can ya do?

As far as the difference, I think it’s more thorough for teachers bc we are around children. My father had to get a health check for his APRC bc they moved here 4 yrs ago and he’s a US citizen and my mother is a dual citizen (Taiwan native & US citizen). I don’t think they did even the bloodwork on him, but I could be wrong. I could ask.

Where can I find the form for the health check?

The CDC moved the list of designated hospitals for health checks again: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Category/ListContent/C4w0xUaCBCKzdd6BxDGWcA?uaid=LgG4_1kPzR7S1lAA634XJg

I got one done at Mackay Memorial Hospital in Taipei back in October 2017 for NT$1,980. As an American, I had fewer tests that I needed to pass. I’m going to have to get another one soon, and I’ll post an update when I do.

Got another health exam at Mackay Memorial Hospital last week. For my purposes (i.e., to apply for citizenship), I went with the “residence/settlement” version of the exam: https://wapps.mmh.org.tw/Health2015/exam_services_6.aspx

As an American, I was only blood-tested for measles, rubella, and syphilis; and I was also given a chest X-ray. It still cost NT$1,980, same as when I did this exact set of tests almost three years ago.

1 Like

Renai said they not doing health checks now due to covid. I’m starting a new job so won’t I be required to do a health check? Anyone done one recently?

If it is a cram school teacher job

FYI

1 Like

Yep! At Mackay. I believe it was $1980. I have been told public hospitals are not doing them since they are busy with COVID. Privates are still doing them…sorry you were misinformed.

Oh that is convenient as I just switched back to a cram school. I also have an open work permit, as that article mentions cram school teachers are exempt from applying for a health check in order to apply for a work permit.

Under normal conditions, do APRC holders still need to have a health check done when applying for a new job?

Iiuc, employers usually request health check when they hire new local employees. It is by law.

I went to Heping yesterday to do both the university registration and ARC application health checks, but was turned down, and they suggested I go to Renai… They said they might only open up health checks to foreigners by the end of the month, but didn’t give a clear date. I went to the immigration bureau to ask, and they said a lot of foreign nationals have been coming in over the past two days with the same issue, but they don’t have any more information.

Anyone found somewhere to do the ARC health check at the moment?

Mackay memorial hospital in Zhongshan. Go straight to 16th floor and take a number. $2050nt charge.

Does anyone know what the current foreigner work permit health check situation is? Is it still only Mackay doing them, and do you need to book an appointment online before going? When I looked on their website it says you need to book an appointment one month in advance!

Several Thai hospitals offer a health check up package like the ones listed in this website:

Anybody know whether such packages exist here in Taiwan? If so, where?

Thanks.