Health Insurance for visitor

My family and I got multiple entry visitor visas for Taiwan and were planning on staying for 6 months and either extending for 6 months, or leaving and coming back. We’re not planning on getting an ARC or anything like that. Even if we were to do that, I understand that there’s a 4 month period that you have to wait before applying for the NHI card?

I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with international health insurance companies, or if there’s some way to sign up for the NHI as a visitor? I’ve been looking into cigna global and clements, but I’m not sure how to use them in Taiwan? Anyone have any experience with these?

[quote=“cgp1024”]My family and I got multiple entry visitor visas for Taiwan and were planning on staying for 6 months and either extending for 6 months, or leaving and coming back. We’re not planning on getting an ARC or anything like that. Even if we were to do that, I understand that there’s a 4 month period that you have to wait before applying for the NHI card?

I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with international health insurance companies, or if there’s some way to sign up for the NHI as a visitor? I’ve been looking into cigna global and clements, but I’m not sure how to use them in Taiwan? Anyone have any experience with these?[/quote]

Not sure which health insurance companies to go with or how to use the insurance but I’ve seen the Cigna commercials on TV so they must have offices in Taiwan.

edit: just found this cigna.com.tw/tc/html/header/ … ct_us.html

It should be possible to get year-long travel insurance in your country of origin. Not straightforward, but possible.

If I’m not mistaken they have booths with insurance agents for travelers at the airport (during business hours only?). I’m guessing it might be cheaper and easier to get and use here than if I got in back home first. Haven’t checked it out though