Health Insurance scam?

I recently left a job after 4 years, when i went to the hospital to get my health check up for the new job I discovered than although the previous employer had taken medical insurance from my checks for the last 4 years and even though it was stated in my contract that they would pay 70% they have not paid the premium in 4 years.

My health insurance was canceled 4 years ago when they stopped paying. Now I HAVE TO PAY THE 4 YEARS WORTH OF PREMIUMS BEFORE i CAN GET THE INSURANCE RE-INSTATED!

Anybody had this happen before or have any suggestions?

thanks

Labor Bureau?

[quote=“shifty”]I recently left a job after 4 years, when i went to the hospital to get my health check up for the new job I discovered than although the previous employer had taken medical insurance from my checks for the last 4 years and even though it was stated in my contract that they would pay 70% they have not paid the premium in 4 years.

My health insurance was canceled 4 years ago when they stopped paying. Now I HAVE TO PAY THE 4 YEARS WORTH OF PREMIUMS BEFORE i CAN GET THE INSURANCE RE-INSTATED!

Anybody had this happen before or have any suggestions?

thanks[/quote]

That’s truly a shite situation.
Do you have any receipts? Is it a legal working environment?
If not, load up some chums in a van, and assault their perimeter at an opportune occasion.
Eggs, flour, and beer.

If you still have the receipts or some proof that the employer deducted the funds from your salary then this will be helpful. You may still have to pay for the percentage of the contribution you are responsible for even if your employer stole it from you. Your employer will be in much bigger trouble having to pay the contributions plus a fine. Consider getting a lawyer to take action against the employer to help you recover the funds you have lost.

Actually I have all my pay stubs and my contract, so I do have a leg to stand on?
Cool.
thanks for any advice given or to be given
:notworthy:

I haven’t heard of this happening before but it is probably more common than we know. I try to have my teeth cleaned every year under my health insurance card. That might be a good way to make sure that your still insured, at least on an annual basis.

I had something like that happen.
I negotiated a deal to pay off the owing amount over several months.

[quote=“TaiwanPsycho”]I had something like that happen.
I negotiated a deal to pay off the owing amount over several months.[/quote]

This is curious: So, you obviously had a health insurance card and, as with the OP, assume you must have gone to a hospital or clinic at least once over the period in question. Nothing was ever mentioned? That truly sucks.

[quote=“citizen k”][quote=“TaiwanPsycho”]I had something like that happen.

This is curious: So, you obviously had a health insurance card and, as with the OP, assume you must have gone to a hospital or clinic at least once over the period in question. Nothing was ever mentioned? That truly sucks.[/quote]

Actually no, the only time I went to the clinic was when my contracted ended and I needed to get a new health check for a new job. They scanned the card and said no good and actually took the card from me. At that time it made no financial difference as I pay the same amount for the health certificate with or with out the medical card but when I contacted the national health agency WHAMMO! I got the shite news.

[quote=“shifty”][quote=“citizen k”][quote=“TaiwanPsycho”]I had something like that happen.

This is curious: So, you obviously had a health insurance card and, as with the OP, assume you must have gone to a hospital or clinic at least once over the period in question. Nothing was ever mentioned? That truly sucks.[/quote]

Actually no, the only time I went to the clinic was when my contracted ended and I needed to get a new health check for a new job. They scanned the card and said no good and actually took the card from me. At that time it made no financial difference as I pay the same amount for the health certificate with or with out the medical card but when I contacted the national health agency WHAMMO! I got the shite news.[/quote]

Wow. That sucks.