Health tips vs the coronavirus from Group Chats and other sources

Is this the video?

This one is useful, too

2 Likes

To be fair, we had to watch a handwashing video when I made the mistake of working foodservice in college. People don’t always know.

The problem is that there’s never soap in the bathrooms (or the auto dispenser is full but doesn’t dispense) and the water is freezing.

Every kindergartener in this country knows how to wash their hands. The problem is that every parent looses patience when they demonstrate this skill. Thus, everyone over the age of 7 needs reminding.

2 Likes

Yes, it was that one

From Viber

colony-forming unit (CFU or cfu) is a measure of viable bacterial or fungal cells. CFU measures only viable cells. For convenience the results are given as CFU/mL (colony-forming units per milliliter) for liquids, and CFU/g (colony-forming units per gram) for solids.

brucelee

I’ve always hated shaking hands with people. Who knows where the hell those nasty paws have been. But I think I’d rather die before I greet anybody with some corny ass namaste :rofl:

2 Likes

I’d rather die before I greet anybody with some corny ass namaste

You don’t like Bruce Lee?

I do. But does what he’s doing there count as a “namaste?”

1 Like
3 Likes

That reminds me of the videos we used to make about “ways to greet your friends” during flu season in middle school.

We had some creative ideas. “Elbow sex” (rocky horror anyone?) was probably the most popular. Maybe we just bumped elbows and my memory distorted that…

I understand that we decided shaking hands and hugging were a good way to greet people because of the whole “close connection” thing, but this close connection is exactly what we don’t want right now…

Thank you for reminding me what elbow sex is. The theater around the corner of my apartment in college used to have a midnight screening every Friday night. Good memories

1 Like

I got this sent to me today

Hmmmmmmm…

Delete.

Another of those “Things that make you go Hmmmm” (not a health tip, but it is from a GC)

2 Likes

Remember, your phone is a vector too.

This article introduces a web app developed by 2 Taiwanese guys to track the Covid-19 numbers. The web app has an English version and a mask inventory locator!

1 Like

Must it come from Group Chats? Are they some type of authority? How about just a health tips discussion.

Not from a group chat.

4 Likes

Poster in my pharmacy

Under the nails. Guys and gals both.

Question: I want my own little alcohol-sanitizer spray bottle. What do I put in it, and where do I buy it? Chinese names, or even better, pictures of the packaging. Or is this product just sold anyway, and I don’t need to buy a separate little spray bottle?

Context: I’m back in the classroom next week, and I’ve realized that the computer keyboards and desktops are … probably not clean. More importantly, used and touched by dozens or more every day. I’ll probably use the bottle in other situations as well - it doesn’t seem like a horrible idea in coffee shops, and is certainly something I’ve seen other people doing - but the shared facilities in my different classrooms are my main concern.

Thanks!