Healthy food options in Songshan district?

Hi all,
I’ll be setting up camp close to Nanjing/Sanmin MRT station.
If anyone knows of healthy restaurants in that area could you let me know?
Looking for fresh meats, fresh veggies, preferably grilled.
Japanese Hibachi would probably fit the bill.
Also, looking for real veggie/fruit/protein powder shake place like Smoothie King, here in U.S.
I saw some other threads on healthy food in Taipei but they look pretty old (the threads, that is :slight_smile: )
Doesn’t need to be a budget-type place or great tasting: more interested in getting quality food.
Thanks !

I remember the juicing smoothie thing became a fad here, but very briefly it seems (I assume it’s a fairly niche market willing to spend that much on that type of thing) . Not sure if covid killed them or not, but the hotspot was taipei. There is likely still some around. For the life of me I cant remember the names of the ones Iwent to, but it was a few years ago so may not be relevant anyways.

they were roughly around 300nt for a regular sized coffee cup.

Some restaraunts sell them though.

1 Like

Thanks @Explant - I did a search on smoothies but only came up with “Smoothie House” which looks like a desert place for kids. Yeah, I found some reference to Smoothie places but many look like they closed down during COVID.

BUT, found one decent looking place in SongShan for health food: Protein Kitchen. Reasonable price too:
https://g.page/proteinkitchen0517?share

nice find. never been there. But that’s the type of place I see more now, restaraunts. the purely drink shop versions seem to have already died off. If anyone knows any, please share!

when we are with vegan friends in taipei, we usually go here. not smoothie based, menu seems to change now and then. but pretty good drinks, have had some nice juices there in the past. And have an english website which is nice. In Daan, near Sogo. https://www.plantseatery.com.tw/

1 Like

There is an MWD breakfast place near there (and almost everywhere). They have a chicken salad type of thing that is not too bad. Order a couple of fried eggs with it and some bacon if you feel adventurous. Great for breakfast or lunch. Add some coffee. See you there.

1 Like

That place looks delicious. Definitely be visiting them. Its on my list :grinning:

Thanks TG! MGD looks pretty convenient. Be good when I’m in a pinch.
I can’t stand cooking!

1 Like

There is a subway close to the MWD as well but it gets busy.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks. I saw that on the map. I have that as a backup plan for sure. But reading the Subway thread it seems they are a bit skimpy on the ingredients. But for sure it will be a good backup :slightly_smiling_face:

This place is pretty decent too and not too expensive (hot pot) if you are eating with a colleague or a friend:

幕間一鍋-光復店

No. 93號, Guangfu N Rd, Songshan District, Taipei City, 105

1 Like

If you find the more traditional type markets there’s usually always a stand that does juicing. If you aren’t cooking your own meals you’ll be at the mercy of what’s on offer. Most of it is pretty standard fare. It’s probably easier to work backwards. This is what I eat where can I find similar foods in that area. I hope beef isn’t in that list. I saw some Australian beef the other day that worked out to $200US a Kg.

1 Like

Looks great. Very clean and the veggies and meats look fresh!
Yeah, definitely not something I’d do alone though.
I’d be clueless walking in there on my own :joy: :joy: :joy:

Edit: looks like they have a Facebook page too:

1 Like