Heart stress / ECG test in Taipei?

So… where to do it, and how much do you have to pay?

Had too much ham?

Haha, no. Sometimes I have tachycardia and may be it’s time to know more about it.

Any big hospital should be competent . See a cardiologist , pay 500 ntd or so.

I’m the opposite, bradycardia. I got to the hospital and they hooked me up on a 24 hour portable monitor thing. Next day I went back and a few days later they gave me the results. If you have a resting rate at night below 25 that’s not that good.

Before doing the ECG/Holter/Treadmil test in hospitals, you should go make an appointment with doctors in the family medicine department or cardiology department. After taking history and doing some physical examination, the doctor would arrange the tests for you.

The cost for visiting a doctor is $200-300 NTD if you’re with NHI. An EKG/stress test is between $300-500 NTD. Some patients came to TCM department to take herbsal medicine if nothing/minor abnormal is found. Usually the symptom/sign will be relieved.

As a matter of fact I have very low HR when relaxed. Like very low. But I have experienced sudden surges if you can call it that way for years, sometimes more ofthen that other times.

When I’m in shape, like doing sports regularly, my resting HR can be as low as 35. I can not take Beta-blockers ever.

Tachycardia while resting shaky hands and legs? Feeling of doom?
Hyperthyroidism very common in Taiwan.
See the family doctor as suggested before!

The lowest I have measured these days is 42, which I understand is pretty low. 35 is the HR of the tomatoes I have in the fridge :smiley:

We… I don’t think so. Just my heart bumping like crazy for a few seconds, out of the blue. What does happen to me very easily is to get numb limbs. That and some headache/dizziness I thought could be something to do with my spine being messed up.

Only when @tempogain appears and removes everything I wrote only because I’m a Jew.

Sorry, forgot to ask… is it possible to do everything at once? Also, how long does the test take?

Thanks.

They had me do that too, then hooked me up on the portable thingy and went home until next day.

Yes, it might be possible. EKG test is very fast like less than 5 minutes. Stress test is to have you running on treadmill which might take 10-15 mimnutes. A 24 hrs EKG, a.k.a. Holter can also be done in a few minutes but you have to carry the monitor with you for the next 24 hours. Then you have to go back to hospital to return the monitor. However, you might not need all these examinations and some hospital are busier, you might need to schedule another day to do other exams.

That’s called Holter monitor. Relatively healthy people who suffer from palpitation would get the result of some PVCs from Holter.