Hearts and Minds

Hey gang, I have to admit something. I’ve been influenced recently, by some of our fellow forumosans, to rethink my style choices for when I leave my door and interact with the people around me. I took a look at my clothes pile and realized it is heavily weighted toward black grunge band t’s from the 90’s and cargo shorts of varying colours and states of wear. My footwear choices are a pair of 50 dollar flip-flops and black Converse All-Stars. Until now, I’d assumed that one’s choice of attire was based on self selection and comfort. But, as a foreign English teacher, I now know that I must present a better picture to my students so as to not embarrass others in the same industry as I. So, on Monday I went to the local fashion for men store to buy a couple of polo shirts and some chinos. Right next door was a shoe store where I purchased a shiny pair of all business shoes. I don’t know who it was that shamed me into these expenditures but, I want to thank you sir/madam/other. Today, I got the opportunity to show off my new look and boy-howdy were you all right. The 7-11 clerks took me seriously, the train station guy didn’t even give me a third glance and amahs smiled in my direction. I feel great. Dress for success and all that. So, this being Friday I suggest all of my fellow foreign English teacher compatriots to try the same. Tomorrow lets all go out there and look our best. Tuck in your polo shirt, wear a matching belt and shoe combination and iron your chinos. People will like you more, believe me. I’d like to call this the today we all try Saturday. How about it gang? Are you with me?

4 Likes

You chose the hottest day of the year to start wearing THAT.

Dedication my friend.

2 Likes

I’m in!

Not sure if satire…

Hipster points if you get the reference

2 posts were split to a new topic: dabombgent.

Who dafuq wants hipster points?

Um…Gen X points?

I thought you were a Boomer!

Only on a bad day.

1 Like

Is that from that Jarmusch flic?

Hipster points!

Haha, thanks for the hipster points. I couldn’t remember the title. May have to watch the whole thing now… been awhile.

its t shirt and shorts everyday now until september… i wish i could look somewhat more presentable but its hard to make it work.

IMO it’s wrong to judge a book by its cover, so I always make a point of working in bondage gear. During the summer the leather can chafe a bit and it needs a regular wipe down or the sweat makes it a bit dog-like smell wise.

2 Likes

I want to get some buttons made up we can wear, also. But, ‘today we all try Saturday’ might be a little long so perhaps we could go with an acronym?

1 Like

Mystery Train! Screaming Jay Hawkins is awesome. What a great film!

Guy

Definitely a natural acting talent.

1 Like

Ok gang, I’m back from my adventure in my big boy clothes and boy howdy was it hot. I just wrung out a litre of salty water from my boxer gitch and my sox are a steaming pile in the corner. I was hoping that some of you would have met me at the park there but maybe I missed you all? I did see a guy/gal with yoga class lurker/ princess Leia top bun hair walk by but he/she wasn’t properly dressed so I’m guessing it wasn’t one of you? Anyway, I think I’ll go back to wearing weather appropriate clothing for this tropical country and leave the Yellowknife banker attire to you more fashion conscious, serious business types. Today We All Try Saturday buttons will be available if you PM me, I’ve ordered far too many in haste.

1 Like

Lols keep it up Flatlandr we need some laughs around here.