Hedgehog joke wins comedy prize

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scot … 216991.stm

I’m wondering if you think the winner was in fact the best joke as described by the judges. Personally I like the gag about Madagascar and the one about the marathon runners.

What say you?

The Hedgehog joke is timeless and doesn’t rely on knowledge of current events or movies.

Joking around is the sign of a weak intellect. I’m against it.
Although there’s one about an elephant using a rabbit as toilet paper that’s quite funny. Is the hedgepig one similar?

I liked this one “I phoned the swine flu hotline and all I got was crackling.” and it was voted one of the worst!

Some of them just weren’t that funny almost none of them mentioned toilets or naughty body parts.

• Phil Nichol - “She’s got a face like a rare Chinese vase - minging.”

Ollllldd joke!

“I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting”

:roflmao:

The worst jokes are definitely funnier than the best jokes.

[quote=“irishstu”]The worst jokes are definitely funnier than the best jokes.

NOW I get it.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“irishstu”]The worst jokes are definitely funnier than the best jokes.

NOW I get it.[/quote]
I must be really thick. Didn’t get the Madagascar one. Every man’s an island.

The hedgehog joke is great. Short, funny image, and it takes a second or two before you get it.

I don’t find any of the other jokes funny. Those are the best jokes picked from hundreds of jokes? There must have been better one’s, come on…

[quote=“jimipresley”]
I must be really thick. Didn’t get the Madagascar one. Every man’s an island.[/quote]

It’s a kids’ cartoon.

I like Frankie Boyle’s put downs. “You look like someone shaved a monkey then kicked it through Top Man.” “John Prescott can’t wear a belt and a tie at the same time for fear of becoming sausages.”

NSFW Cassette boy Vs The Apprentice. Top class. youtube.com/watch?v=Yxi6QDwQyLU