Helicopter crash in Wulai

There’s a short sci-fi story with a premise somewhat similar to Idiocracy. The entire world is populated by stupid people, apart from a small clique of intelligent rulers whose main job is to clean up the mess caused by the hoi polloi. The opening scene is a newsreader reporting on a maritime disaster: a rescue ship is sent out to pick up the survivors, but someone forgets to shut the doors (or something) and the crew of the rescue ship are all drowned as well.

Anyone recognise that description? I’m annoyed that I can’t remember the title/author.

1 Like

The end of the movie ‘The Wall’ is striking, rescue helicopter flies in and never flies out again.

2 Likes

Don’t they all do, in all armies, at all times?

'mericans: "The risers swung around his neck, connectors cracked his dome, Suspension lines were tied in knots around his skinny bones; The canopy became his shroud; he hurtled to the ground.
And he ain’t gonna jump no more.

Nazis: “Nose-dive from 100 meters, from the old JU52, with closed parachute towards the ground, then you’ll rest forever”

Three days? :thinking:

1 Like

This was another recent local Blackhawk crash.

This is all over CNN and fox news.

National 3 days of mourning with flags at half staff is customary. 3 days off campaign is a sign of respect.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with a show of respect, but three days seems excessive, especially this close to the election.

Well when you have a healthy lead in the polls and if someone does something else then only makes them look bad so really an easy call.

3 Likes

Do you really think it will make difference?

Edit: yeah, maybe not for her, but it may be an impact on local candidates that were counting on her taking part in their events.

2 Likes

Good point, especially when the legislature is in play.

Han has also cancelled his campaign for today and tmr.

The funny part is, nobody has stopped working on the campaign. The candidates are publicly giving their respects.

The campaigns are still running full-steam and people are still working behind the scenes. They maybe even working harder while they have this break to get more focused and strategize.

How are you watching Fox news? It’s been taken off cable. Channel 558 is gone

He’s in the U.S.

1 Like

I considered that but wanted to keep the outrage of losing fox news going

yes and fly your top military man in it???

Foxnews.com. I don’t have a TV.

1 Like

There was a 50% chance he’d made it to Yilan.

1 Like