Hell

Yes, I completely agree. It would be impossible for humans to be able to see hell, therefore certain paintings and writings became associated with it. Sometimes Art takes over with what Science cannot explain.(or does not believe)

That’s patently untrue as many atheists living happy and fulfilling lives can attest.

1 Like

And many devout Christians whose lives are living Hell.

1 Like

So I used “Can be like” not “Is like” so it isn’t patently untrue.

Not that part so much, though I don’t see why it would be true, but this: “the further you move away from God and his teaching then the faster your life will likely plunge into a “Living Hell” in this earthly realm.”

1 Like

Also, it’s impossible for someone who was never close to God and his teachings to “move away from them.”

1 Like

What is that ‘teaching’? God is an imaginary being.

Not true. It’s more like going away from Gods nature which is what Jesus teaching was about. How to be more Christ/God like. So if one was to less compassionate, One would be farther away from God. And it’s entirely possible for a atheist or non believer to still be closer to God than a believer who is not very Christ like.

1 Like

You’ve said the same things, we get it. You don’t believe in God. We are not talking about the existence of God, it’s a deeper philosophical and theological conversation.

1 Like

But an atheist wouldn’t define that as being closer or further from God, and compassion can certainly exist without God. Are you saying there was no compassion before the Christian religion was invented?

No, but with the axiom of the existence of God. Something like compassion only exists because of God and our free will to show compassion. God has always been, there was God before the Christian religion. It’s not like Christians believe God Came to being when Christianity was founded.

Again, this would be from the perspective of explaining it with the Christian perspective. We can’t really talk about this if your assumption is there is just no god even in a hypothetical sense of this conversation.

2 Likes

Of course not, but to an objective observer it certainly looks that way. :wink:

1 Like

Sure, I know. I’m not really here to convert anyone. Just trying to explain how Christians would explain it.

1 Like

You didn’t repeat yourself?

It was revealed over long periods of time rather than invented.

Simple one. If you died in battle, you may be chosen by either Freya or Odin. If you died at sea you will join Ran and Aegir. If you die the straw-death you will feast in Hel’s halls under Yggdrasil. :wink:

The ‘underworld’ was big in Greek Mythology.

No, I provided in depth explanation

Of what?

Of the concept of hell in the Christian faith…

All you’ve been doing is saying there is no god, there is no god, there is no god. This isn’t about the existence of God.

No one is saying there is a god. We are just discussing the concept of hell.