Hello Forumosers!

The recipe is a secret just like Santa Clause so don’t spoil it.

I’ve been here so long I’m not sure if I can help the difference. :thinking:

Also, why doesn’t KFC here have gravy? When I visited the UK many years ago, the KFC there didn’t have gravy either.

In the Philippines, not only does KFC have gravy for their fried chicken, Jollibee and McDonald’s have gravy, too!

Apparently, it isn’t difficult to make - but what is the equivalent of beef and chicken cubes – Knorr?

1 Like

I suppose they’ve done their cha bu duo “market research” and found that the Taiwanese don’t think much of gravy, hence it’s a liability to serve.

I remember when Kentucky Fried Chicken came out in South Africa. It must have been around 1975 (in my small town, earlier elsewhere). The mash and gravy was essential. It just completed the meal. Oh, and the cole slaw.

Because kids spill it everywhere and why is this forum always making me hungry!

What is mash?

mashed taters

1 Like

Mashed potatoes and gravy. But you knew that.

It’s “mashed potatoes”

1 Like

I said what I said.

Sorry, wasn’t talking at you. I’m explaining the proper terminology to @jimipresley

I’m 90% confident it’s mashed potatoes and gravy.

2 Likes

Talking of which, I’m cooking a cottage pie with dauphinoise (little people, please check spelling) potatoes as a topping on Wednesday.

Mary Berry recipe.

1 Like

That’s sweet of you, and I appreciate your kindness and generosity, but different mashes for different hashes. You say potato, I say tomato.

I will remember this :slight_smile:

Someone should create a documentary on Indian engineers in Taiwan. If I made documentaries, I’d make one myself.

1 Like

Since Taiwan was part of japan for fifty years one might say Japanese cuisine is Taiwanese cuisine or vice versa

In other words no surprise if good Japanese food can be found

Yeah that’s true actually, it always gets spilt in the car after being balanced on the gear knob, effectively writing off the whole car.

1 Like

Preservatives up the arse here in the UK.

well that escalated quickly (TV)