Hell's Kitchen A.K.A. Harry's Kitchen

:beatnik: That pasty, red-haired gobshite opened another bar on Un-Civic Blvd./ Guang Fu

Great place, you can pee on the sidewalk out front, (although the bathrooms are grand), there are also many wonderful windows to throw wayward Orangemen through.

They also have beer… and bar pretzels.

Think it’s called Harry’s Kitchen, I don’t know I was too drunk to read the Hobbity writing on the sign outside, just go to Guang Fu and walk East and follow the passed out bodies.

Is ther feckin’ kitchen open yet?

Just need to know whether I need to eat before I go there to get pissed.

That legendary tale will never die. :laughing:

What are the hours?

8pm until whenever. That whenever has been past four on at least a couple of nights recently. :blush: :whistle:

8pm until whenever. That whenever has been past four on at least a couple of nights recently. :blush: :whistle:[/quote]

8pm? too bad. It is only one 7/11 away from me. I was hoping they opened earlier.

When I was talking to the aul fella in charge, he said they were planning to open earlier once their kitchen is operational.

Good deal. Hope you let me know when it is open. Any rumors about the food? Same as before?

8pm until whenever. That whenever has been past four on at least a couple of nights recently. :blush: :whistle:[/quote]

8pm? too bad. It is only one 7/11 away from me. I was hoping they opened earlier.[/quote]

Yeah, no shit, I’d be there more too.
I LOVE this place.
Me and a couple of fuckin lawyers were in there a couple weeks ago.
Best bartender in town, The Duke, and the best fuckin tunes anywhere.
The early opening would be great, so’s a fella could get loaded and out before B2G shows up and starts breaking things and pissing on everyone’s shoes.

[quote=“the chief”]Yeah, no shit, I’d be there more too.
I LOVE this place.
Me and a couple of fuckin lawyers were in there a couple weeks ago.
Best bartender in town, The Duke, and the best fuckin tunes anywhere.
The early opening would be great, so’s a fella could get loaded and out before B2G shows up and starts breaking things and pissing on everyone’s shoes.[/quote]

Sounds like a great place for the regular Lord Lucan office meeting.

Sounds great. Wish I could pop along for an orange juice with yous all.

That legendary tale will never die. :laughing:[/quote]

I was thinking of having a commemorative window erected in Drogheda.

Stopped by for a couple of Stellas last night. Its as easy to find as B2G said it was. I liked the place, small and cosy, very clean, ashtrays on the bar and interesting beer type snacks. Had a good ol’ chat with Dave the Barman and an Irish chap called Mick. Will be back for more sometime soon but don’t think I have the stamina to stay there until the sun comes up…

And hopefully, they’ll have food from somewhere sometime soon…

Good to meet you last night Roach…you were lucky to leave when you did…Bubba and a few more thirsty travellers arrived after you left and it turned into a long session…those “Node B’s” are hard work today

Evenin’ Folks!

Sorry for not posting on this thread a lot earlier. I’ll put it down to a combination of a thick vein of laziness runnin’ through me body. ( Quoting Mr. Gerrard…my 3rd class primary school teacher there…although I added the word ‘thick’) And me parents being stationed over here for the past month.

Anyways as the previous posters have pointed out, Hell’s Kitchen is a smallish bar although not Spacemanesque small. We’re open at 8pm, 7 nights a week. And our resident barman, Dave(He also goes by the names :The Duke, Punk and Daithi among others) will sort ya out for your beverage requirements.

We are working on a basic food menu which should be ready in the next 10 days or so. We have a big screen for the sports but it’s not turned on unless there’s a big game on. And we also have tables outside which should come in handy for those of us who still want to go to the pub and have ciggie when the smoking ban comes into effect.

Our next event will be coming up on Wednesday 24th:

We’ll be tucking into some turkey, ham and the usual trimmings at Hell’s Kitchen this coming Christmas Eve. It’ll be buffet style. And we’ll be kicking off the food fest at 9pm…until around 11pm. The price is 350nt per person. (Please drop me a note if you’re intending on coming to the buffet so we can get a general idea of the amount of people we’ll need to cater for)

Also continuing on the ole’ Spaceman tradition from many moons ago, is our Christmas Gift Exchange at Midnight. Bring along a gift to the value of around 500nt and you will receive one in return. T’is always great craic!

And of course if your belly is already full and you want to give the gift exchange a miss, then you still are more than welcome to come around for a few drinks and enjoy the festivities.

We will be opening the bar a little earlier at 5pm on Christmas Eve and the Happy Hours will be extended until 11pm.

Will hope to see some of you if not on this night, then on some other night for a pint and a shot :slight_smile:

Nollaig Shona Duit

Slainte,

Niall

If I offer Bubba 2 Guns twice, will that do? I could include a packet of cigarettes to make up the difference.

Congrats on the opening!
The location sounds good, which, as we all know, is rather important. :wink:

With all that business of throwing out Orangemen out the (closed) windows, the place will soon reach the Spacemanesque reputation heights it surely deserves.

If Dave needs any help, I know an experienced Croatian bartender who would be willing to expatriate in a heartbeat. Providing the contract stipulates that roaches would not be allowed to fly.

If I offer Bubba 2 Guns twice, will that do? I could include a packet of cigarettes to make up the difference.[/quote]

You are still 498nt short.

God I miss yez all ye shower of hungry bastards and yer feckin brand new windys. When the boys of killybegs come rolling home there’ll be splinters of glass every where and Niall’ll be tellin’ us “if there’s any more of it there’ll be less of it” and so on.

Just to let everybody know that Hell’s Kitchen will be open every night throughout the New Year. Just in case Lord Lucan makes an apperance :pray:

Happy New Year To All!

Slainte,

Niall

Forumosa’s first Happy Hour at Hell’s Kitchen, and our first one in 2009 will be held at Hell’s Kitchen, which is at Civic Blvd, Section 5, No.1. It’s on the northeast corner of Civic Blvd and Guangfu - you can’t miss it. HK’s laoban is Niall Clinton (Spaceman, On Tap, Center Stage) and is the consummate barman. He is offering Forumosans the following:

Heineken, Corona, Taiwan Draught Beer, Basic Mixed Drinks…2 For 1 until 11:00pm and then Taiwan draught for $100 until closing.

I have it on good authority that Lord Lucan will be in attendance. Praemonitus praemunitus!

Chinese address for taxi drivers: 松山區市民大道五段1號

Evenin’ all,

Looking forward to seein’ all you Gobshites tomorrow night!

We do have a limited food menu available which includes Beef Stew, A Vegetarian Curry, And A Chicken Cassorole. We also have Sausages and Toasted Sandwiches. Enough there to soak up the odd Jameson shot or 6 :smiling_imp:

Also the windows have been insured in anticipation of any typhoons or orange marches we might experience tomorrow night :wink:

Slainte,

Niall