Hell's Kitchen A.K.A. Harry's Kitchen

Just to remind everyone It’s Serious Session time tonight at Taipei’s only Irish Bar, Hell’s Kitchen!

Pints of Guinness 150nt until midnight and shots of Jameson and Baileys 50nt all night! :beer:

And also a certain Mr. Bubba 2 Guns might be sipping on a wee pint in the corner to celebrate his birthday :happybiker:

Happy Paddy’s Day!

Slainte,

Niall

So how was St. Patty’s Day? Must have been fun.

Don’t recall…sorry…

just wondering, aside from the alcohal…what kind of food do they serve at HK?? just regular bar food or is there like a certain type of cusine?

Delish curry stews (including a veggie option!) served with bread, with optional cheese toasty chasers. :discodance:

Great place. Excellent windows. Still no proddie whiskey.

An Irish pub opens at 8Pm !!

Surely you mean 8 am?

[quote=“WolvesMon”]An Irish pub opens at 8Pm !!

Surely you mean 8 am?[/quote]

Well we’re sometimes still open at 8am if that’s any good to you.

Stopped by hells kitchen for the first time yesterday and the only word I have to describe my experience is “Excellent!!!”
Drank a nice array of beers Heiniken, Erdinger, Guiness, New Castle, Hoogarden, and another German beer I don’t remember the name though I think it was Ledwig (Big bottle)? (Correct me if I got the name wrong). Anyways the bartender was great! had a great conversation, nice to finally talk to a bartender in Taipei, that really has a good knowledge on beers, spirits etc. (Im sure there are many of your out there). Even got to try some new things, never knew you could crack a raw egg into a Guiness!! It was very creamy and the roasted taste of the beer really came through!..anyways I shall be back for more!! Barman, i’m sure you’ve heard it tons of times but…GREAT JOB :notworthy:

P.S=They have Hendricks!! for you other Gin lovers out there the only other places i’ve seen it is at Barcode (But thats another story :sunglasses: )

[quote=“dlin”]Stopped by hells kitchen for the first time yesterday and the only word I have to describe my experience is “Excellent!!!”
Drank a nice array of beers Heiniken, Erdinger, Guiness, New Castle, Hoogarden, and another German beer I don’t remember the name though I think it was Ledwig (Big bottle)? (Correct me if I got the name wrong). Anyways the bartender was great! had a great conversation, nice to finally talk to a bartender in Taipei, that really has a good knowledge on beers, spirits etc. (Im sure there are many of your out there). Even got to try some new things, never knew you could crack a raw egg into a Guiness!! It was very creamy and the roasted taste of the beer really came through!..anyways I shall be back for more!! Barman, I’m sure you’ve heard it tons of times but…GREAT JOB :notworthy:

P.S=They have Hendricks!! for you other Gin lovers out there the only other places I’ve seen it is at Barcode (But thats another story :sunglasses: )[/quote]

Very Glad you enjoyed yourself, dlin. I will pass your compliments on to Dennis, the bartender. Sorry I wasn’t there when you were here. Will definitely have a wee drink with you the next time your in.

Slainte,

Niall

[quote=“Barman”][quote=“dlin”]Stopped by hells kitchen for the first time yesterday and the only word I have to describe my experience is “Excellent!!!”
Drank a nice array of beers Heiniken, Erdinger, Guiness, New Castle, Hoogarden, and another German beer I don’t remember the name though I think it was Ledwig (Big bottle)? (Correct me if I got the name wrong). Anyways the bartender was great! had a great conversation, nice to finally talk to a bartender in Taipei, that really has a good knowledge on beers, spirits etc. (Im sure there are many of your out there). Even got to try some new things, never knew you could crack a raw egg into a Guiness!! It was very creamy and the roasted taste of the beer really came through!..anyways I shall be back for more!! Barman, I’m sure you’ve heard it tons of times but…GREAT JOB :notworthy:

P.S=They have Hendricks!! for you other Gin lovers out there the only other places I’ve seen it is at Barcode (But thats another story :sunglasses: )[/quote]

Very Glad you enjoyed yourself, dlin. I will pass your compliments on to Dennis, the bartender. Sorry I wasn’t there when you were here. Will definitely have a wee drink with you the next time your in.

Slainte,

Niall[/quote]

Thanks that would be great! Ya to bad you weren’t there would have been nice to meet you…however there is always next time :discodance:

The Karma Relief Charity will be having a live music event with various musicians from different musical genres outdoors at Hell’s Kitchen (No. 1, Sec. 5, Civic Blvd., Taipei) on Saturday, May the 2nd, from 2pm - 8pm.
Proceeds from the gig will be going to primary/elementary schools in Nantou County who need some assistance with the usual problems - tuition fees, lunch box fees, health insurance, books etc. etc…
Hope to see you at the gig, and thanks a million for your help in advance!

我們將在5/2(六)下午14:00~20:00舉辦募款表演,當天除了請到多位知名歌手表演之外,現場還有義賣的活動…
募款所得將在六月份捐贈給南投山區的小朋友~
地點: Hell’s Kitchen 台北市松山區市民大道五段一號(門前廣場)

Will post the band line-up in the next couple of days

Slainte,

Niall

By all accounts this is a good pub apart from the opening times.
I have forwarded the details to mates in Temple Bar in Dublin because they do not believe the opening hours.

Does the great Gordon Ramsay pop in ?
Or Yankees from NY?

May your god go with you and may you die and return to Ireland before the devil knows your dead!