Help! A ferry to Thailand?

Anyone knows anything about a ferry that goes to Thailand? I hate to fly… :blush:

Never heard of one. Ferries to Japan, Macau and Shanghai though (any others?). Did you arrive here by ship?

Even if there were, I think I would be a little cautious about taking one because pirates still float around that area. Though it would be a nice trip so long as you didn’t run into a pirate.

:smiley: Thanks for your help. Soddom, what do you know about the ferries to Shanghai and Macau?

I know a lot of fairies go to Thailand.

fairies or ferries? :shock:

Nothing much I’m afraid. I believe the company that operates them is called Star Cruises: starcruises.com/home.html

Thanks again, Iv’e already checked it, but they only have ferries to Japan.

You might think that I am kidding or being Wolf-like, but…
hang around the docks in Keelung and snoop around and find out about the shipping companies. The squeeky wheel could get oiled and a berth in a container ship bound for somewhere.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]You might think that I am kidding or being Wolf-like, but…
hang around the docks in Keelung (Jilong) and snoop around and find out about the shipping companies. The squeeky wheel could get oiled and a berth in a container ship bound for somewhere.[/quote]

:laughing: HA HA HA, :laughing: anything is possible!

I say take a tranquilizer and fly there. That way, you’ll have more time for fun in the sun.

Thank you all. Well, wolf, don’t laugh… But I’ve already tried it. They all say I can’t do it, since I have to work on the ship. I wouldn’t mind, but they won’t let me (insurance problem). :cry:

According to their website, it is possible to book segments of the ship’s itinerary.
www.freighterworld.com/general.html

Interesting link. One ship stops in Keelung, Taichung[?], Hong Kong, and then Sri Racha, Thailand, so it may be possible.

www.freighterworld.com/places/fareast.html#EO Tasman Voy/Exp

(That a strange URL. Copy and paste the entire line, including the /Exp.)

:smiley: Thank you so much, chung and laowai. It does look good! :smiley:

What a wonderful website and what thrilling possibilities for travel! A worthy bookmark if ever there was one. That Keelung to Auckland voyage with all those wonderful stops en route goes right to the top of my list of trips to be made some time in the future when circumstances permit. I’ve always dreamed of making a long journey on a freighter. I wonder how the crew react to the presence of fare-paying passengers, and what the berths and conditions are like? Has anyone had any experience of taking such a trip?

Brilliant, Chung, absolutely brilliant!