Help a football ignoramous

I love watching the world cup. The problem is I don’t really know a lot about who the great players are.

If anyone has some free time on their hands could you post the names of some of the players to watch out for and for what teams they play for? (both the international team and football club)

Thanks in advance for the help football aficiandos. :smiley:

Well, in tonights game Korea and Togo you probably should look out for

Sung Ji Park - Korean who plays for manchester united in england. he’s not a bad little player and has aquitted himself well in the premiership this season. They also have a 20 year old striker whoa few european teams are currently looking at called Chu Young Park.

Togo’s star player plays for arsenal and Emannuel Adebayor has done alright this season. He has a good touch and is only 22.

France have so many stars Zidane, Henry, Viera. They are a class side who did appallingly in the 2002 cup. it’s zidane’s last games for france so he’ll be looking to finish in style. there is also baldy barthez (the keeper) who’s always capable of doing something spectacular or something spectacularly badly. let’s hope for the latter tonight.

Not really familiar with any of the swiss team other than senderos but he’s a centre back so don’t look for much excitement from him.

as for brazil, well basically everyone. they are deserved favourites,absolute class all the way across the squad. just hope the czechs beat italy and some classic cynical italian football can take the sting out of them and put them out in the second round.

i’ll post some more tomorrow about the next games

Beckham has nice hair.

Ronaldino is particularly skilful:

[quote]Ronaldino goes into the Brazilian changing room to find all his teammates looking a bit glum.

“What’s up?” he asks.

“Well, we’re having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it’s important but it’s only Scotland. They’re crap and we can’t be bothered.”

Ronaldino looks at them and says “Well, I reckon I can beat these by myself, you lads go down the pub.”

So Ronaldino goes out to play Scotland by himself and the rest of the Brazilian team go off for a few jars. After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads:
Brazil 1 - Scotland 0 (Ronaldino 10minutes).

He is beating Scotland all by himself, anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers “It must be full time now, let’s see how he got on.” They put the teletext on.

Result from the Stadium Brazil 1 (Ronaldino 10 minutes) - Scotland 1 (Angus 89 minutes).

They can’t believe it, he has single handedly got a draw against Scotland!!
They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldino. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands.

He refuses to look at them. “I’ve let you down, I’ve let you down.”

“Don’t be daft, you got a draw against Scotland, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very, very end!”

“No, No, I have, I’ve let you down… I got sent off after 12 minutes.”
[/quote]

That’s a true story folks – I think.

Damn! Forgot to change the Scotland references to Nor Noiland.

Hehe. I’ll be changing it when i send it to me da’. Thanks :slight_smile:.

On the Swiss Team, Frei (the guy that spat at Gerard two years ago) certainly standing out. Degen, Wicky and Vogel are exciting players. But the best about tonight’s game is that Barthez is going to stand in the goal for the Froggs! :roflmao:

What about Germany?

Who do they have?

A load of shit players!

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]What about Germany?

Who do they have?[/quote]

Ballack and Klose. Also some young geezer with a long name. Horsestablewelder, or something like that.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]What about Germany?

Who do they have?[/quote]

ballack, klose, lehmann/kahn.

does schweinsteiger really translate to “pigsticker”?