šŸ˜· COVID - Help! Antigen test in Taipei on Saturday?

Does anyone know where I can get an antigen test (as required by the US) this Saturday? I would prefer if it was an antigen test as itā€™s cheaper and faster.

Many thanks!!!

711 has the test required for flights into the US from Taiwan?!? I thought had to be the expensive test at hospitalsā€¦

The expensive test is the PCR test. The Antigen test is the rapid test you find at 711.

But AFAIK the US only requires the antigen test if they even require one anymore.

3 Likes

Thanks, great to know.

How do you prove the result?

1 Like

The 7-11 ones wonā€™t work as they need to be administered by a hospital or clinic and a report needs to be made. A rip off I know, but still better than paying $4500NT for a PCR!

Really hope to find one by Saturdayā€¦

2 Likes

No you canā€™t use a home antigen test to go to the US. You have to have it administered and be given a certificate. The ones at 7-11 will NOT be accepted for a flight. I know this as I have been traveling in and out of the US for the past year.

2 Likes

It could be the case. I appreciate the added info.

When I went to the US in November, they didnā€™t even ask for tests. So I am just running off that info.

1 Like

If your flight is not too late in the day, I believe Lanseed Clinic at the Airport will do it on Saturday for NTD2000. Their site is here:

http://airport.landseedhospital.com.tw/airport-clinic/serve/reservation.php

and the info / reservation is here:

3 Likes

You should check out the clinic mentioned above. I recently was looking for a rapid test at a Taipei hospital that was available on Sunday and I couldnā€™t find a hospital offering weekend testing so I moved my flight.

Here is the link to another post on the subject that might be helpful. šŸ˜· COVID - Covid Tests to take a flight - #183 by BeachBum

1 Like

Thanks. Thatā€™s kinda messed up nobody does antigen testing on weekends here. So my choices are

1. move my flight
  2. trek out to taoyuan airport a day before my flight
  3. pay 3x the cost for a 24-hr PCR
1 Like

Number 2. There is an mrt. Assuming you are in Taipei.

I wouldnā€™t change my flight. Donā€™t know what will happen in the future.

@cowmilk11

Did you work it out?

Did you have any problems transiting other countries?

1 Like

Trillium, do you suggest any particular test options that meet U.S. requirements and donā€™t cost $$$$ (and ideally in Taipei and available on Saturdays)?

FYI @Marco and all, here are the US government pages with current info (and I believe these will be kept updated). But Iā€™m not sure how to parse re: specific test providers in Taipei area that satisfy the requirements ā€¦

and
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/covid-19_testing_required_US_Entry.html

Excerpt:

COVID-19 Testing Required for U.S. Entry

Effective December 6, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers two years of age and over entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test result a negative taken no more than 1 day before departureā€‹, or proof of recovery from the virus within the last 90 days. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or proof of recent recovery for all passengers prior to boarding. ā€‹Airlines must deny boarding of passengers who do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.

See the CDC Proof of Negative Test Result page to view the order, complete the attestation, and to see FAQā€™s.

Q: Is there a specific type of COVID-19 test that must be taken?

A: You will need a viral test (NAAT or antigen test) to determine if you are currently infected with COVID-19.

Damn. Seems I just missed the mark.

What are you supposed to do if you leave on Sunday?

Made and appointment and ended up taking the MRT to Taoyuan Airport on Saturday and got the test for 2000NT.

1 Like

To anyone reading this, I later learned that the US will accept telehealth administered at-home antigen test results as well. You have to use a telehealth service, and the test must be approved by the US CDC.

Do your research but I think Lucira CHECK-IT Antigen test is eligible, and I read somewhere that 7/11 sells it?

Then youā€™ll have to use a telehealth service that will let you use your own antigen test and provides a test certificate. This is the hard part as youā€™ll need to contact them first and make sure theyā€™ll allow it without buying their supplied test (which would ship from the US and take some time).

If someone gives this a shot, please update the thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not in Taiwan yet but if someone can administer a rapid antigen test for you in Taiwan and provide you with a PDF or physical letter that is ok for the US. However, it sounds like getting a test like this within one day is the issue in Taiwan.