😷 COVID - Help! Antigen test in Taipei on Saturday?

I recently paid $550 for antigen test, results available in 30 minutes at Taipei City Hospital Renai branch. Acceptable by USA.

4 Likes

Taiwan Adventist Hospital has Sunday morning option for Rapid Antigen Testing. The results can be available before noon time

Source:

https://www.tahsda.org.tw/en/pages/content.php?id=7

2 Likes

Thanks for that info. That would be much better price than PCR tests! Hope they will do test on Saturdays (for folks with Sunday fights)…

Oh my, things are that bad on the airplanes now?

1 Like

Not sure how bad on the airplanes now vs. when the order requiring such tests was made in December. Obviously in Taiwan things are worse now on the ground, but that’s a different matter vs. U.S. testing requirements.

1 Like

You missed the joke…

1 Like

My friend used this place on a Sunday to fly back to the US the next day (Monday). They said it was pretty quick and they got their results and a paper certifying it in about 30 minutes. You can give the clinic a call to see about prices and if they are still doing the antigen tests.

林口微笑親子耳鼻喉科診所
02 2600 0515

3 Likes

Not unless you sit behind Mike Tyson

1 Like

Once I sat behind Evander Holyfield in a minivan. I think he wanted to hit me, but he didn’t.

2 Likes

Did you throw a bottle at him like the guy who Mike hit?

And I’m still missing it…

Ah, NOW I see my typo. Ugh. :blush:

1 Like

Found a useful site here that lists all the places you can either get an Antigen or PCR test throughout Taiwan for travel to the US.

Site is in Chinese but addresses for clinics and hospitals by city/district are at the bottom. They provide the fee and whether they do PCR (核酸) or Antigen (抗原)

3 Likes

@Tango42, did you make an appointment? Was the test administered inside at a particular area/floor, or outside with general covid tests under a tent, or … Trying to figure out how to contact the right department and confirm still available and where to go and whether we can book in advance. We must test on a Saturday, which further limits our options, so want to be sure we secure something legit in advance if possible vs. scramble day prior to flight to U.S.

Thanks in advance for any further details and insight.

I made an appointment (I believe it was through a special tab on their web page) for a time that I thought would fit my schedule, received a text with directions, showed up.

Test is outside in front easy to locate.

You might just need to check different hospitals to find something open on a Saturday.

1 Like

Thanks!

It was all very efficient and less stressful than I expected.

1 Like

Good to know! I hope I can use same option. Alas, seems can’t find anything now on web site, and phone on hold forever gave up as it costs $ for me to call. May try again… Even stopped by that location in person and asked someone at the external PCR testing tent – but she said they have no antigen tests. Hoping she is mistaken but at an impasse…

Anybody else have success with antigen rapid covid test at this loation like @tango42? Or looking for tests to use for US travel and find other good option with Saturday rapid tests?