HELP! Converting Simplified to traditional in table, one step method?

Is there an easy one step method to convert the text in this table from simplified to traditional. Yes, I can do it by copying and pasting but, I’d like to do it automatically if possible. Then keep the format for pdf and printing use. I have access to Microsoft Office and other tools.

I think you could probably copy and paste the whole chart to excel. The trick would be getting just the column of simplified Chinese. Google translate would take that and translate it from simplified to traditional (may need to check some terms). Then you could replace the simplified column with the traditional column. The hardest part will probably be copying just the column of traditional characters; you might have to do ctrl-highlight then copy and move them in batches.

I done it via copy and paste. didn’t seem too hard

Indeed! Remember the machine translation “dried sweet potato” = “the sweet potato f***s”. :doh:

Use this Chrome plugin:

Simplified to Traditional isn’t a straight forward process though, and there are differences between translations in China and Taiwan. So take the result with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Yay, I found it. The converter tool can be found in Excel under the review menu. After copying and pasting the whole table into Excel, I highlighted the column, clicked the review tab and the conversion tools were available on the third button from the left on the “ribbon” or whatever they call it.
There is actually a check box if you want to use “special Chinese or Hong Kong” characters. It’s one box so I’m not sure how it knows which characters to use.
Now I’d love tips on how to:

1. Manage the printout so the table is alligned to center of the page when printing in Excel. I already managed to have the heading repeat at the top of the page.
  2. I would like to import the table into word. I’d the table to appear neatly into a box and I’d like the heading line to reappear at the start of each page or section.