šŸ˜· COVID - Help! Do I need a PCR test to GET OUT of Taiwan?

My destination country only requires an Antigen test, which Iā€™ve already booked.

But do I need a PCR test to get on the plane in Taiwan?

No.

Check airline policies. Most airlines are just following destination policies.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

No.

2 Likes

The answer, as others have said, is no, but I would really recommend keeping an eye on the local regulations up until the last minute. The CECC are renowned for coming up with random new rules at short notice. No other country (AFAIK) requires you to have a test to go to an airport or to get onto an outgoing plane (the rules being set by the destination country), but thereā€™s a first time for everything.

1 Like

I can also confirm that the answer is definitely no. I flew out just last Saturday (2nd July), and my destination didnā€™t require any test, not even antigen. At the airport I had to present my passport only, like good-old times. No test, no vaccination paperwork, etc. It was Turkish Airlines and destination Estonia (via Istanbul).

2 Likes

You mean taiwans golden rules may apply? Not a rule until itā€™s a rule / Not a problem til its a problem

i would say the same, prepare well. even if they do slip the carpet from under you, if you have all the paperwork and are unwilling to be pushed over Taiwan is generally better than most countries at letting something ā€œslideā€ ā€œjust this onceā€.

1 Like