Help! i have a parrot in my office!

So I came in to work, and a little parrot flew to my bike.
It looks like it broke off from its chain. It’s green and I have no idea who the owner is.

I was a bit late, so grabbed it and took it to the office. Colleagues are telling me to leave it here till lunch and then take him to animal hospital.
I’ve given him some water, and going to give him some food in a bit.

WHO DO I CALL? The Five-O? Please help!

You can call the animal rescue line: 02-8791-3064/8791-3065. They should help you deal with the bird, and tell you where you can take it. (I doubt they speak English.)

Where are they? Location wise? Thanks for the info btw.

I called this number when I found a squirrel recently, and they told me which place to go. I think they might be in Neihu at the Neihu Animal Shelter, but they directed me to Hsin-Yi area’s shelter, as they handle small animals. The lady was really helpful, so I am guessing they can tell you how to deal with the parrot. Not many vets will take animals in. They will put up posters for you, though.

Guys, I called them. They said they only take in animals, and not a bird!

A bird is an animal, no?

Haha that didn’t cross my mind. No Avians!

[quote=“hs172”]So I came in to work, and a little parrot flew to my bike.
It looks like it broke off from its chain. It’s green and I have no idea who the owner is.

I was a bit late, so grabbed it and took it to the office. Colleagues are telling me to leave it here till lunch and then take him to animal hospital.
I’ve given him some water, and going to give him some food in a bit.

WHO DO I CALL? The Five-O? Please help![/quote]

Here’s a local Facebook page for lost & found pet birds. It’s quite active, so you may want to try taking a picture of the parrot and posting it there.

facebook.com/YiShiShiHuoNia … ref=stream

Taipei is literally swarming with escaped/abandoned pet birds, mostly parrots, so this is a really common occurrence…

I guess I don’t have to pay that shrink for hearing voices and whistles anymore.

[img=http://s6.postimg.org/6w4vfl7a5/WP_000110.jpg]

So the boss’s wife took it to the vet after work yesterday, will update on how it goes today

Update? Anyone come to get the poor little birdie?

Yeah, c’mon. What happened to the cute little guy? We need a happy ending here…

maybe keep it. Parrots can be excellent pets.

Apologies for the late update. I couldn’t login for 2 days or so

Parrot is Alive & Well :smiley:.
The Vet said it was in perfect condition and just needed a little rest.
The parrot had no microchip or anyway to contact the owners. He also ran through the missing pet/bird files and nothing matched the description.

Right now, it’s still in my Boss’s house, but it will soon relocate to our Yilan facility where it will have more room and perhaps learn to fly a little more.
Since its a Green parrot and matches our work clothes, everybody is raving about it.

He/She now joins the other animals in Yilan our company has been taking care of, which now consists of a Labrador, 2 stray dogs, a turtle and an Iguana.

Thanks for the advice all.

PS: A lot of the “animal-rescue” numbers I found online rejected Avians because they fear they might be carrying Bird-flu and other similar diseases which may pass on to the other animals they have. If anyone comes across another parrot/bird, take it to your nearest vet. They won’t charge you a thing.

Good to hear. So what kind of parrot is he? A love bird? A small conure? Couldn’t really tell from the photos…
And did you try posting on the Fackbook site?

Just as well, I guess, I’d never get any sleep if I had a bird in the house. Hope you folks enjoy the little guy!

Does anyone know where to get a love bird? My neighbour’s little boy got a bird, but I want to get it a friend because they need friends no?

The place to go is “Bird Street,” which is the area on Heping W. Rd. near Zhonghua Rd. lined with bird shops. Having a single love bird is fine if the owners have plenty of time to spend with it. If not, a mate may be a good idea, but that will keep the birds from bonding more closely with their humans. Also, if a new bird is introduced, they may or may not get along, so there’s an element of risk involved. The price for a hand raised love bird is about NT$500.

double post

awesome, thanks