Help! I think I might be a Goth

I like some of the stuff by this Norwegian pop-combo band : youtube.com/watch?v=mNqdeP1r89w

The problem is, they’re freakin’ goths! I picked this video because it’s outside in the daylight and you can see the audience and they’re all freakin’ goths!

Maybe it’s listed as post-industrial neo-electronic aggrotech, but they still look like freakin’ goths to me!

What can I do?

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]

What can I do?[/quote]
Get your eyebrows, lips, nipples, scrotum and penis pierced.

Goths are cool so don’t sweat it. If, on the other hand you spent the day singing “Afternoon delight” or “Seasons in the Sun” top yourself.

“Seasons in the Sun” is a direct crib of Jacques Brel’s “Les Moribund”. A profound, deeply moving and IMPORTANT piece of music. Do not disparage lightly.

I suppose I was a bit of a goth when I was a teenager. Years later, I heard about a secret Sisters of Mercy gig at Joseph’s Well in Leeds, and jumped at the chance to see them. Unfortunately, the secret had got out and the first two hundred people (the fire regs limit) had already got their hands inkstamped and been allowed to go in. Fortunately, my friend did an excellent forgery with a biro borrowed from the bar.

Yeah! Temple of Love! Alice!

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]

What can I do?[/quote]
Get your eyebrows, lips, nipples, scrotum and penis pierced.[/quote]That’s what I was afraid of. Do I then connect them together with chains? What about black rubber?
I’m new to being a goth.

Um, yeah, me too. It’s sort of OK if you were under sixteen in the north of England in the eighties or, arguably, the nineties, although you have to accept that you will be a figure of fun forever if anyone posts pics on Facebook. There are no excuses otherwise. Tourist!

Well, I was in a couple of goth-ish kind of bands at school though I suppose that doesn’t count as it was in Lyme Regis. :laughing: No idea whether there are still pics floating around. Possibly. Someone posted one of me and my schoolmate in drag kind of makeup on Comic Relief day, so no doubt there are other photos from those days too.

Do you have any opiates? I’ll help you do it. The Prince Albert will be the most painful, because you need a really thick hypodermic to stick through your urethra. If we boil it in the kettle afterwards and submerse it in surgical spirits we can use it again! Man, this goth stuff is FUN!.
If you have enough opiates, I’ll even help you paint your toenails black.

[quote=“joesax”]
Well, I was in a couple of goth-ish kind of bands at school though I suppose that doesn’t count as it was in Lyme Regis. :laughing: No idea whether there are still pics floating around. Possibly. Someone posted one of me and my schoolmate in drag kind of makeup on Comic Relief day.[/quote]

Bwahaha. Mine was called ‘Fiver’ and played Television covers. Not really that goth, which was a lower sixth thing for me. I could never be shagged dying my hair or wearing make-up. My music tastes were far too eclectic (‘Will you FUCK OFF with the Donovan?’) and fashion-wise, it morphed into just wearing a lot of black and being Scotland-pale (Um yeah, I know I still dress like that). My bf was older and used to take the piss, as well.

Goth clubs are fun, though.

I’d say I consider myself more a new romantic, than new wave, but it’s definitely with a country, trip-hop, slash metal vibration at the end. The Cure meets Lianne Rhymes at the Prodigy’s house, and they jam whilst listen to pantera. Typical run of the mill stuff really.

For satisfaction go to the root of the coil.

http://brainwashed.com/common/sounds/mp3/coil-careful_what_you_wish_for.mp3

Find a good 12 step program or go cold-turkey.
IMHO each body piercing (past one in each ear for girls), tattoo, hair dying, funky haircut, gauge, etc. lowers the perceived IQ by several points.

I would kill for a Goth club right now.
Sigh…

[quote=“twonavels”]I would kill for a Goth club right now.
Sigh…[/quote]
metaphorically

Visigoths were cooler.

BFM: once you’ve inserted all that metallica into your various bits, then you attach wires from an electroacupuncture kit and crank up the voltage. riotous spasms ensue if you’ve done it right.

some people call that dancing.

[quote=“urodacus”]Visigoths were cooler.

BFM: once you’ve inserted all that metallica into your various bits, then you attach wires from an electroacupuncture kit and crank up the voltage. riotous spasms ensue if you’ve done it right.

some people call that dancing.[/quote]

Peter Garrett’s a goth?

[quote=“cfimages”][quote=“urodacus”]Visigoths were cooler.

some people call that dancing.[/quote]

Peter Garrett’s a goth?[/quote]

I get it!!!

BFM, dude, as long you ain’t spotted on the MRT looking like this:

I reckon you got naught to worry about…

I used to know an Aussie goth who had originally trained as a vet. He refused to stop his goth-ness (i.e. pale make-up, crushed velvet cuff ruffles and the like) even in the middle of the outback working at a sheep station.

I really admire that kind of dedication.