Help make Kony's crimes known

I’m not sure which forum to post this under, but it needs to be on here.

This film has been blowing up my minifeed today, and rightfully so.

Kony 2012
s3.amazonaws.com/kony2012/kony_new.html

I ordered my kit and plan on putting up posters in Taipei April 20th. I might be the only one… anyone with me?

It’s a 30 minute youtube video. It’s long, but please take the time to watch and share and help support the cause.

Give me a clue about its contents or I ain’t watching it. Is it about that Ugandan guy?

Yes, it’s about this Ugandan warlord that kidnaps kids and forces the boys into his army and the girls into sexual slavery. He makes the kids kill their parents and mutilate other people. Since 1987, Joseph Kony has abducted more than 30,000 children in Central Africa and forced them to be child soldiers in his Lord’s Resistance Army.

Thanks for making this known to us.

(I just hope people don’t misinterpret “KONY 2012” as an election poster and cast their vote for him…)

Just like to post this not in defense to this man but having worked for a non profit organization. Lets call them as they are, large companies with large profits. Seems like this one just has the best marketing techniques. That jerk should die for what he did don’t get me wrong. Just think before you jump on the bandwagon and donate any money. Maybe there are better organizations out there.

jezebel.com/5891269/think-twice- … me-du-jour

That guy is blowing up my Facebook page, can someone give me the Cliff/Coles Notes on him, because so far I got: Makes kids become soldiers and sex slaves and that doesn’t sound too far off any other African warlords (not to say they all aren’t complete scumbags, just saying this isn’t so unique).

I am curious to how this campaign got so much wind in the last 48 hours.

FFS. Is this guy still alive? I thought he kicked the bucket a couple of years back. If not, isn’t this why God invented South African mercenaries?

[quote=“Skater bum”]

Just like to post this not in defense to this man but having worked for a non profit organization. Lets call them as they are, large companies with large profits. Seems like this one just has the best marketing techniques. That jerk should die for what he did don’t get me wrong. Just think before you jump on the bandwagon and donate any money. Maybe there are better organizations out there.

Think twicer before donating to Kony 2012 the mem du jour[/quote]

SkaterBum -
Thanks for posting this info.
Yes, Kony and the LRA are very bad news. But its news that needs to be researched before acting on ones “feelings.”

The LRA has been gone from Uganda since late 2005 - early 2006. They have been active in the DRC (Congo) and also in west Africa. There are political reasons they have been allowed to exist.

The fact is, the “arrest/capture” of Joseph Kony will not stop the LRA. Only killing Kony will accomplish the disbanding of this terror group. Cut off the head - the body will die.

Until $$$s are directed into an effort to remove Kony completely from the planet, the LRA will continue its butchery.
And yes, the children and their families will continue to suffer.

Think twicer before donating to Kony 2012 the mem du jour

current:

Lord’s Resistance Army: After long silence, the US-tracked rebels attack
"The deadly Lord’s Resistance Army goes on attack again in Democratic Republic of Congo, but coordinated efforts by regional armies and the US military has put them on the run. "

Some commentary, addressing criticisms:

Could always read this too:

liveleak.com/view?i=6f3_1331160628

Here’s the fb event for Taipei that has Chinese translation:
facebook.com/events/319066161483953/

I got pretty emotional watching that. But are any of those people freaking out in their printed T-Shirts willing to take a gun and go into the jungle? Don’t think so. Yes, it’s an awesome idea, but don’t put posters up…Facebook is a good enough tool to get the word out. Someone being paid very little will have to scrape them off. Also, it costs a CRAP LOAD to print T-Shirts and posters. All the kids that are currently with Kony will return to their homes yes, but they will be so emotionally scarred…will need education, therapy. Ugh it’s awful.

US Govt using “charities” with slick and emotional marketing teams as controlled opposition to gather mainstream consensus behind more “humanitarian” missions to areas rich in natural resources. They recently discovered Somalia could have as much oil as Saudi Arabia so expect more of the same there.

Don’t wanna tip the cops off… message redacted.

Power to the people.

And yes, I’d kill him as I’d kill a feral dog on a bike ride. I carry the asp and the knife for just this.

–JP

Indeed. Where was all this knashing of teeth and wringing of hands 20 years ago?

Indeed. Where was all this knashing of teeth and wringing of hands 20 years ago?[/quote]

Yes, where was the US and Europe when this bastard and others were raping and murdering their way through Africa?

I’ve been upset at the moral hypocrisy of the world since the late 80s when I first started to realize what was going on. And now that Kony has been marginalized (and may even be dead) they just NOW launch the “Let’s kill Kony kampaign”?

Are we taking moral hypocrisy to new heights?

WTF?..put down the pipe…this "slick and emotional marketing teams as controlled opposition to gather mainstream consensus behind more “humanitarian” missions "…is obviously not a US Govt…"[/i] effort.

Got anything to back up this WAG of yours?.. :loco:

[quote=“flatlandr”]Could always read this too:

liveleak.com/view?i=6f3_1331160628[/quote]

Good article. Make sure that the ‘charity’ that you’re giving to is worth the money that you worked so hard to make.

But, don’t make the difficulty in finding a good charity keep you from giving. If you aren’t giving until it hurts, you aren’t giving enough.