Help Me Decide On An Exotic Visa Run Destination

Hey Guys,

As some of you know, I just spent 4 days in Okinawa and had an awesome time.

I’m looking for suggestions on a nice place to visit for my second visa run.

I’m up for anything that is relaxing and off the beaten path in terms of VISA runs (no hubs like Hong Kong, etc…)

I definitely enjoyed the piece and quiet that Okinawa had to offer.

Don’t worry about budget for now, but the closest to Taiwan the better.

Let me know,

-Delonge182

Guam

Iceland

Do you just have to leave and re-enter Taiwan? Or do you need to go to a place with a Taiwan representative office?

Move to Asia and then consult an online forum full of aged has-been lifers (relax, just having a laugh) before making any decisions.

Been to Korea yet?

how bout one of those smaller japanese cities that EVA or Ci go to?

Or Laoag if you wanna visit one small nondescript phil town? Uni flies there from Kaohsiung several times a week if not daily.
They have a charter type thing.

Dirt-cheap flights can be had to Cebu in the Philippines right now.

Details? which website?

Singapore and spend a night in Bintan and Batam (45 minute ferry ride from Singapore in the Riau Island chain).

Hey Guys,

Wow, thanks for all the feedback.

I have a 1 year tourist VISA, so don’t need a representative office.

Guam ? That’s like a speck in the map. Has anyone from here really been there ? If so, what did you like ?

[quote]“Singapore and spend a night in Bintan and Batam (45 minute ferry ride from Singapore in the Riau Island chain).”
[/quote]
Great advice, I marked that down.

That qualifies too.

And thanks for the advice on Korea (never been) and the smaller Japanese Islands.

This is a tough one, not sure what I’ll do…

Details? which website?[/quote]

http://www.cebupacificair.com/flights-and-fares/year-rounds-fares.html

About NT$5,500.

Loving this thread, thanks StrayDog.

Do you mind telling me what you like about Cebu in particular ?

I assume Americans and most europeans don’t need a visa to got there for a few days.

-Delonge182

BTW just did a quick google image search for Cebu.

images.google.com/images?hl=en&q … a=N&tab=wi

Almost confirmed my ticket right here…

I just went to Cebu this weekend. It was my first time in the Philippines. Its a bit of a 3rd world country down there. Reminded me a lot of Peru, only with a lot more English. There isn’t much of a public transport infrastructure there. So you’ll be taking cabs and jeepnies everywhere. About 20 minutes from the airport is the Magellan shrine. This is where Magellan was stabbed to death on his attempt to circumnavigate the world. There are lots of malls and the beer is really cheap. If you’re looking for shopping though, there are better deals to be had in Bangkok. I didn’t go to the beaches, but I can’t imagine it would be any better than Thailand. As far as visas go, I just got a 21 day pass when I showed up at the airport. It would be an interesting place to go on a visa run if you’re tired of HK and Bangkok.

p.s. They nickel and dime you at the airport. All domestic flights have a 200 peso tax that you have to pay in the airport. International flights have a 750 tax. So plan on paying at least 1250 pesos more on top of your flight ticket.

[quote=“Delonge182”]BTW just did a quick google image search for Cebu.

Almost confirmed my ticket right here…[/quote]

Sweet! Do I win a prize? :smiley:

Thanks for the report, where did you stay … Do you recommend any places in Cebu in particular ?

I’m trying to find a “base” so I’m not too far from touristy things.

Thanks

[quote=“Stray Dog”][quote=“Delonge182”]BTW just did a quick google image search for Cebu.

Sweet! Do I win a prize? :smiley:[/quote]

Yup, I added you to my sig.

[quote=“Stray Dog”][quote=“Delonge182”]BTW just did a quick google image search for Cebu.

Sweet! Do I win a prize? :smiley:[/quote]

He’ll leave a letter at your front door. :smiley:

Far Eastern Airlines did a Taiwan to Cheju Island (Korea) before. I heard Mandarin is about to start up this service. Would be a worthwhile destination for visits

Singapore is rather cheap now with JetStar while Kuala Lumpur is doable with Air Asia.