Help - my ex is going to Taiwan

ok so i broke up with my boyfriend…who happens to be caucasion…and so now he’s heading off to taiwan on his own…in september…
i’m going at a separate time…and i have family there and am familar with the culture and language…but i’m worried about my EX …
i’ve been trying to give him tips…i’m especially worried abotu his arrival there.cuz he doesnt speak the language at all…and i know tons of ppl are in his situation and have survived…but i’m such a worry wart…

so this is what i’ve told him so far…when he arrives…

1. get a cell phone (but how does one get one…when he can’t speak mandarin at all?)
  2. go to hostel.
  3. start calling job contacts.
  4. start calling housing contacts.

anything else to add to this? like should he being going to some community center/foreigner refuge place where he can make contacts and friends right away? or he’ll probably meet a lot of them at the hostels?

also…do most foreigners who travel to taiwan …go by themselves?

thanks

[quote=“blueulyssess”]ok so i broke up with my boyfriend…who happens to be caucasion…and so now he’s heading off to Taiwan on his own…in september…
I’m going at a separate time…and I have family there and am familar with the culture and language…but I’m worried about my EX …
I’ve been trying to give him tips…I’m especially worried abotu his arrival there.cuz he doesnt speak the language at all…and I know tons of ppl are in his situation and have survived…but I’m such a worry wart…

…do most foreigners who travel to Taiwan …go by themselves?

[/quote]

Stop babying him. He is an adult. He is an EX-boyfriend. He probably is not going to listen to you very much at this point anyway.

I wouldn’t worry too much about him. Most of the people on this board came to Taiwan by themselves, not knowing anybody, speaking little or no Mandarin, and we all survived. Don’t worry about him. He will be fine.

you care too much…

If he gets a job before he leaves for Taiwan he’ll have no worries.

now let him loose and find yourself somebody worthy of your kindness
young Taiwanese men are usually very kind, and no they’re not all short ugly dudes… i don’t know about their size though :? cos i’m a guy and not into that kinda thing!

yeah…you’re right he’ll be fine…and he can take care of himself…i’ts just sooo sad:(…cuz…we planned this trip for a year…and we were supposed to share this experience together:( and it’s like now he’s going off to MY country without me!!! :frowning: but yeah i gotta let this slide… SIGH

on another note…what’s with the young taiwanese men thing? hahaha…should i be looking for one or something?? :stuck_out_tongue:

Naaaah! You need revenge…I know how you can make him REAL jealous and I’ll be glad to help! What’s your phone number? :wink:

Blue U,

You’ve just made a lot of male Forumosans very happy, knowing that you’ll be unattached when you come to Taiwan. You’ve already stirred up a lot of interest with those avs, so expect to receive an enthusiastic welcome and quickly be made to forget all about that other dude once you arrive here.

As for him, he’ll do okay – Taiwan is a dead easy place for male Caucasian newbies to get by in. Unless he’s disgustingly unattractive and a total loser (as we know he can’t be, else how could he have got together with you?), in no time at all he’ll have a coterie of admiring xiaojies hanging around him and giving him all the help and attention he could ever possibly wish for or need.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]Blue U,

As for him, he’ll do okay – Taiwan is a dead easy place for male Caucasian newbies to get by in. Unless he’s disgustingly unattractive and a total loser (as we know he can’t be, else how could he have got together with you?), in no time at all he’ll have a coterie of admiring xiaojies hanging around him and giving him all the help and attention he could ever possibly wish for or need.[/quote]

Or unless he is short.

umm. no offense. is Blue U a guy or a girl. I saw the last avatar and was somewhat confused. :blush:

Kenny, are you sensing that Omni is about to have one of those “My the girls in Thailand are so beautiful, but I wonder why they have such big Adam’s apples” experiences?

Omigod, surely such suspicions are completely unfounded – aren’t they?

Reassure us, Blue!

Omni, open your mind!

[quote=“blueface”]Naaaah! You need revenge…I know how you can make him REAL jealous and I’ll be glad to help! What’s your phone number?
[/quote]

Don’t, don’t instead make him feel sorry for her!! :wink:

puhahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa…

wow…it’s going to seem so ironic to me…if he ends up livng there and marrying some taiwanese chick…and he knew that taiwan is a haven for tall white males! smart him…he decieded to go there single:( argh BASTARD.

anyways…on the gender question…I AM FEMALE…i was not in a gay relationship:P

Omni, this is a setback, but Phuket awaits.

Even short fat guys can pick up here…Provided they are white.

Tell him that the best place to live is Beigang… The girls there are very proactive and all foreigners get a great welcome by the local belles.

You guys are really making this young lady feel so much better.

‘Your EX will have absolutely no trouble having a wonderful time and meeting loads of fantastically attractive nubile things who want nothing more than to make him welcome in Taiwan. You, on the other hand, are going to be fending off a bunch of middle-aged (and mostly married) guys who have nothing more going on in their lives than this website.’

Honey, don’t listen to them. They don’t know what they’re talking about. There is a certain type of worthless chick that continues to exercise an unhealthy fascination on the minds of these ageing delinquents. No doubt your man will run into one or two of them, and maybe he’ll even hunt them out. But we all get what we’re worth in life, and if he’s worth your concern then he’s going to have to look long and hard to find a decent woman.

He’ll probably even regret dumping you, the bastard.

Now, if I was definitely single - which I’m not - I would have to say that you seem to be a very likeable person and I would love to make your acquaintance. Hang in there. Despite the impression given by the forumosa reprobates club there are quite a few decent, likeable, and attractive men in Taipei. Mostly they’re bored with the floozies too.

You’re going to be fine, and any guy stupid enough to dump you is not worth wasting time worrying about. Forget him and get on with your life.

(PS And send me a pic, so I know whether I should dump my gf before you get here.)

Sleazy c*nt! (an optical equipment brand I’m told).

HG

But they’re all gay.

Sorry GI, she already gave me her number. :laughing: I wish.

Sleazier c*nt.

:laughing:

Still, a brand of optical equipment no less.

HG

Forget about your ex-bloke - he’ll be like a dog with two mickeys when he arrives here.