Help needed finding a poem

Does anyone know what poem this is? I’m sure it’s Chinese, because I read it in Chinese in Chinese class. I thought it was one of the 300 Tang poems, but I couldn’t find it there.
A man is standing on a bridge, He looks at the water flowing under the bridge and says “The water is standing still and the bridge is moving.”
Thanks.

[quote=“bababa”]Does anyone know what poem this is? I’m sure it’s Chinese, because I read it in Chinese in Chinese class. I thought it was one of the 300 Tang poems, but I couldn’t find it there.
A man is standing on a bridge, He looks at the water flowing under the bridge and says “The water is standing still and the bridge is moving.”
Thanks.[/quote]

I think it was Lord Lucan who said that one night after downing a few pints at Carnegie’s.

Does he wonder oif the fish are happy? If so, sounds like Zhuang Zi.

HG

Right. I see the pints and know they are happy.

There is a well-known Viet Namese saying about watching the [color=brown]brown fish swimming by in the river.[/color]

And they ain’t talking about fish…hint hint…nudge nudge…

I’m sure it’s not what you were after, but anyway, are the fish indeed blind mullets? I believe Chuang Tse cunningly left that to our own imaginations. That was the sort of guy he was, I guess.

Still it is a classic passage.

魚之樂
莊子與惠子游于濠梁之上。莊子曰:“儵(讀音tiao二聲,鰷)魚出遊從容,是魚之樂也。”
惠子曰:“子非魚,安知魚之樂?”
莊子曰:“子非我,安知我不知魚之樂?”
惠子曰:“我非子,固不知之矣;子固非魚也,子之不知魚之樂,全矣。”
莊子曰:“請循其本。子曰‘汝安知魚之樂’雲者,既已知吾知之而問我,我知之濠上也。”

HG

Apply that logic to the next management meeting you have - all will become clear.