Help With Interior Design and Furnish House

Someone to help decorate large modern apartment? Professional or capable, either will work.

Oops, see PM. Contact details removed :slight_smile:

My Professional designer who did my apartment - 70 ping is fabulous. My apartment is a mixture of modern and classic Chinese.
She also has many contacts with local and foreign custom furniture makers, cabinet designers and wardrobe makers. So my apartment has built in and custom furniture that is just perfect for the space and the ambiance I’m going for, down to white granite floors (nice and cool in the summer. Carpets for the winter), the beautiful modern Chinese curtains and frost in-lay designs for the windows.
The hall walls are softly curved and leads to the bedrooms which have dark hardwood floors that are the same material as the bedroom doors. The bathrooms are the most modern fixtures, Japanese style sink, smooth sandstone tile walls, complete with a steam shower and a massage tub.
The kitchen is spacious and bright and the island towards the side is great for cooking. I had a lot of custom cabinets because I like to stuff the house with food.

I think it’s important to use a local designer as they are familiar with the prices of the furniture and materials for the floor and such. Also, they may be associated with a furniture shop and can get great deals. I would definately recommend my designer.

Call: Ms. Shi (as in stone in Mandarin) or Winnie 09-2160-1888
Location: #21 Roosevelt road, section 2, very near Gu Ting MRT.

She speaks English and Chinese, though her English is understandable but not native.
She’s extremely patient and courteous. She’s worked in the industry for many years and is wonderful in matching the furniture with the decor of the room to give it the atmosphere that is modern yet comfortable.
I think I like my open concept living room - dining room best. The lighting and open area makes me feel like I’m not even living in the city and I can finally relax after my hectic day.
And that is priceless. :notworthy:

PS: what is it with Taiwanese houses and the default ‘severely ugly hospital toilet + pink tile’ bathrooms? I’ve seen some very rich people with very rich people’s houses who still think there is nothing to be said for a nice bathroom.

I have to agree with you llary, some bathrooms in Taiwan are atrocious.

I am so happy I went with my designer as I am extremely satisfied with my bathroom. It’s spacious, modern yet functional. I had a heating system built in so I won

[quote=“kellohitty”]Also, my toilet has the Japanese heating seat system installed (Man, how I hate sitting on a stone cold toilet seat) with sanitary spray wash. I really liked those toilets after experiencing them in Tokyo.
[/quote]

I wonder if this is the same/similar toilet we have at home. Six months here and I still haven’t figured out how to use it.

PICS PLS KTHX :slight_smile:

[quote=“kellohitty”]I have to agree with you llary, some bathrooms in Taiwan are atrocious.

I am so happy I went with my designer as I am extremely satisfied with my bathroom. It’s spacious, modern yet functional. I had a heating system built in so I won’t be freezing. Also, my toilet has the Japanese heating seat system installed (Man, how I hate sitting on a stone cold toilet seat) with sanitary spray wash. I really liked those toilets after experiencing them in Tokyo.

The floor is smooth sandstone and it’s warm colors goes really well with the dark wood paneling and frosted glass windows. My glass shower is big enough to fit 2 comfortably and the shower head has 4 different nozzle sprays, one of which is a rain type shower. The bathtub is imported as it’s one of those really big massage tubs, not the small narrow ones like most of Taiwan, built in on a low raised dais. My bathroom is right beside the walk in closet and the bedroom with enough space to hide all the towels and extras.
All in all, I have to say, I really like the feel of my apartment, including the bathrooms.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.[/quote]

[quote=“braxtonhicks”][quote=“kellohitty”]Also, my toilet has the Japanese heating seat system installed (Man, how I hate sitting on a stone cold toilet seat) with sanitary spray wash. I really liked those toilets after experiencing them in Tokyo.
[/quote]

I wonder if this is the same/similar toilet we have at home. Six months here and I still haven’t figured out how to use it.[/quote]

I figured out my toilet! What I need to know now is whether I’m supposed to leave the seat warmer on all day or put it on only when I’m planning to use it. :help:

Kellohitty,

Your place sounds very nice. Just curious–are you renting or do you own? I am just curious if you did all that work to a rental.

Also, what is a ballpark figure for all the work you had done. A 70-ping place is quite large–did you rehaul the whole place?

I’ve heard that a minimum for any redo/redesign is NT 1,000,000? True?

Thanks for the info.

I budgeted a self-build house at NT$1m… I’m sure with some creativity you could completely transform and furnish 70 pings with 50-60k.

[quote=“fee”]Kellohitty,

Your place sounds very nice. Just curious–are you renting or do you own? I am just curious if you did all that work to a rental.

Also, what is a ballpark figure for all the work you had done. A 70-ping place is quite large–did you rehaul the whole place?

I’ve heard that a minimum for any redo/redesign is NT 1,000,000? True?

Thanks for the info.[/quote]

braxtonhicks:
You are suppose to leave the toilet seat warm all the time, unless you know that there will be a long period of time that you won’t be using the toilet. Meaning, a day or 2, or you can turn it off at night. Since it doesn’t use much electricity, I just leave it on all day.

fee: I definitely own. There would be no way that I would put so much money in a place I just rent. I figured, I’ll be here for a while, might as well spend some dough fixing it up so I’ll like living there. Even if the rest of the city is dirty and crowded, my home will be spacious and beautiful.

I have to say I went all out on this place. I knocked down walls, rebuilt walls, knocked out all the windows to put in larger ones. All my windows are at least 2/3s the length of the wall. I like the natural sunlight. Also, I built the windows outward to give it a more spacious feel and also I could put stuff on the ledges. I redid all the lighting and the ceiling to give it a multi-dimensional feel. I kinda regret I didn’t put in a open skylight. Hahaha I figured I had so many windows. Hahaha

The floors were completely redone in white smooth granite with tiny grey and black veins. It’s the most beautiful floor. I like granite because in the summers, it keeps the apartment cool and it goes with any decor. I find granite really easy to clean. I’m pretty lazy. :blush:

I have a black leather 3 piece sofa set. A 3 seater. A 2 seater. A big 1 seater for watching TV in. The leather on the sofa is of very very fine grain, better than most leather coats you could buy. All the seats can individually recline to the angle you want, just by leaning back hard and matching cushions. I chose leather because it