Help-working at two schools

Hi,

I am on a marriage visa (JFRV).

i have two job offers

Company A - just AM.

Company B - AM and PM.

I wanted to split my time between the two companies. I wanted to teach at company A in the morning and company B in the afternoon.

Company A is fine with this, but company B say it is against their policy to allow teachers to teach at two different schools. They say that there will be a problem with health insurance and taxes.

I think that is BS, just tax me on what I earn at your company.

Has anyone handled this situation before? Who paid the health insurance?

If i teach at two places on a JFRV, would the companies know without me telling them?

Why would you ask anyone what to do with your free time?

Straight over my head!!! What do you mean?

Straight over my head!!! What do you mean?[/quote]
Sorry! I have a headache right now and need to go to company B for a couple of hours.
Maybe I’ll spell it out for you when I come back.

i know i can just lie. My question. as above:

If i teach at two places on a JFRV, would the companies know without me telling them? When they apply for my health insurance etc etc

How would the health insurance be handled?

The reason why schools enjoy hiring those with marriage visas, is that they can hire them off the books. In all probability none of them will pay for your health insurance or pay tax on your behalf. They will probably lie about the tax, and keep it for themselves.
Regarding health insurance, my wife’s company pays mine, so I don’t know what the issue is.

They won’t lie about the tax etc. These are both companies that i have worked at before.

Ok, maybe i am not making myself clear??

My main question is…if i worked at two different places and paid insurance at two places, would these two places find out i have another job?

Basically, when they apply for my health insurance, will the nice lady say…em, he already has insurance somewhere else.

I am asking because in the policy of one school it says that a teacher cant work for another company, so I planned just to say that I have Chinese class during those times.

Thanks

[quote=“bigduke6”]
Regarding health insurance, my wife’s company pays mine, so I don’t know what the issue is.[/quote]

If you are working, then you should be paying through your employer???

I’ve had health insurance deducted from more than one school before with no problems. I wonder if I was over-paying? I’ll have to run that past the wife - she’s the one with the brains in our partnership.

One of OP’s two prospective employers doesn’t want OP to work elsewhere. OP wants to know if its likely that this school will find out if he works elsewhere. He seems most concerned that this school might find out when they go through the process of setting him up for National Health Insurance. He’s worried that NHI might tell this employer, “There’s no need; he already has health insurance from his other employer.”

But OP also seems to be asking this question in a general way; that is, he wants to know if there’s any possibility that the employer that doesn’t want him to work elsewhere will find out if he is working elsewhere.

I can’t answer that question, but I just thought I’d repeat it in case somebody else knows the answer.

[quote=“Charlie Jack”]One of OP’s two prospective employers doesn’t want OP to work elsewhere. OP wants to know if its likely that this school will find out if he works elsewhere. He seems most concerned that this school might find out when they go through the process of setting him up for National Health Insurance. He’s worried that NHI might tell this employer, “There’s no need; he already has health insurance from his other employer.”

But OP also seems to be asking this question in a general way; that is, he wants to know if there’s any possibility that the employer that doesn’t want him to work elsewhere will find out if he is working elsewhere.

I can’t answer that question, but I just thought I’d repeat it in case somebody else knows the answer.[/quote]

Your understanding is 100 percent right!!!

I was trying to make it clear, but I obviously failed.

[quote=“Mr Chen”][quote=“Charlie Jack”]One of OP’s two prospective employers doesn’t want OP to work elsewhere. OP wants to know if its likely that this school will find out if he works elsewhere. He seems most concerned that this school might find out when they go through the process of setting him up for National Health Insurance. He’s worried that NHI might tell this employer, “There’s no need; he already has health insurance from his other employer.”

I can’t answer that question, but I just thought I’d repeat it in case somebody else knows the answer.[/quote]

Your understanding is 100 percent right!!!

I was trying to make it clear, but I obviously failed.[/quote]
I perfectly understood the question.
However, personally, I’d just tell the school politely that the morning hours are occupied by another school.
If they had any problem with that, then, either they could take over those hours and provide me with some income during that time, accept the fact that I have a second job, or Se la Vi.

Why would you give in to any of that shit?
Our policy blabla.

Policy is one of the words I hate the most. 99% of the time I heard the word policy, it had something to do with bullshit.

ok, cheers everyone.