Help!

I am a German fashion designer living since 1 1/2 years in Taiwan.
I was fighting so hard to find a job.
Now I found a nice company, they also wanted to hire me.
Problem: for a work permit foreigners must earn a min. salary of
47.971 $NT according to the law.

But there will be no company pays me this salary. That means I can not work in Taiwan? There must be solution!!!

If someone can help me and know some opportunity to get a work permit without these regulations or some informations how I can work in Taiwan…please let me know! What about freelancing?
Can I get a working visa for that?

Thanks anyway
cheers Katrin

[quote=“katrin”]I am a German fashion designer living since 1 1/2 years in Taiwan.
I was fighting so hard to find a job.
Now I found a nice company, they also wanted to hire me.
Problem: for a work permit foreigners must earn a min. salary of
47.971 $NT according to the law.

But there will be no company pays me this salary. That means I can not work in Taiwan? There must be solution!!!

If someone can help me and know some opportunity to get a work permit without these regulations or some informations how I can work in Taiwan…please let me know! What about freelancing?
Can I get a working visa for that?

Thanks anyway
cheers Katrin[/quote]

Hi Katrin:

There are two options you can pursue.

1. Get a contract with your employer for the actual salary amount and you both will agree that is the one used for salary and tax purposes.
  2. In return for this contract, get a separate appointment letter stating that you will be paid for the 48K per month salary for ARC purposes only.

If this option is not available, then you may as a freelancer look for a willing business who can issue you invoice and receipts for payment. Many companies will not pay CASH salary.

Contact us if you have any questions regarding these options.

Good luck.

[quote]r a work permit foreigners must earn a min. salary of
47.971 $NT according to the law. [/quote]

According to what law?

I know that the Labor Standards Law states that an employee must not earn less acertain amount. But this amount is not stated in the Labor Standards Law. Further, I personally do not like the fact that just because we are foreigners we have to earn a certain amount to gain a legal status. How many Taiwanese earn 47K a month???

Hi cogitoergosum,

yeah, you are right! I also don’t like the fact foreigners have to earn a certain amount. That’s why I can’t get a job here. For me it really doesn’t matter how much money I get, I just want to have some more work experiences.

for further informations you can check the homepage of the labour affairs:

http://www.evta.gov.tw/english/evta-en-index.files/evta-en-index.htm

A22: The Government to protects our nationalsˇ employment opportunities and prevent against employers from hiring foreign blue collars workers in the name of white collars (specialized or technical workers) Therefore, according to the law , employers are required to pay foreign white collar workers a minimum salary. According to paragraph 8 of

[quote]A22: The Government to protects our nationals? employment opportunities and prevent against employers from hiring foreign blue collars workers in the name of white collars (specialized or technical workers) Therefore, according to the law , employers are required to pay foreign white collar workers a minimum salary. According to paragraph 8 of

Hi,

I am not sure how they distinguish the different professions, but in my case they said I am “category A” that means professional worker.

So I will double check if I can work as a stylist and get less money for that. The definition of different professions is not really clear.

Thanks anyway!
cheers

Hi,

Don’t know if you have solved your problem yet.

I saw a recent (from 2003) labour law update regarding CLA’s new central role which states:

Perhaps its possible to work as an artist in a consulting function.

Good luck…

[quote]I saw a recent (from 2003) labour law update regarding CLA’s new central role which states:

Quote:
All white-collar workers must be at least university graduates receiving salaries of at least NT$48,000 a month.The exceptions are artists, professional athletes and missionaries. [/quote]

Where did you get this from? Do you have a link?