Helping a TV talk show find participants

Some of you know I was on a tv talk show a while ago talking about being married to a Taiwanese guy. It was actually a pretty good experience, a positive show. Now I have become the unofficial search team for their show… there will be a recording next friday (afternoon) for a show talking about foreign guys married to local women, how they get on with the family, how you got to be married, that kind of thing… the show is Huang Jing Chi Miao Ban, on channel 30 at 9pm every night. They are looking for 2 or 3 men, who can speak fairly good Chinese. Any nationality, actually they like a mix of nationalities. We watch the show here at home and I like that it is low-key and really a chat show, no bangs and whistles or making fun of the guests.

Anyway, if you are interested in this, please send me a PM or give me a call on 0935020590 and I can tell you more. Or, you can call the organizer, Xiao Yun, tell her Hsieh Ke An told you about the show. She is hoping to get the participants by Monday, and they will send you a list of questions so you can prepare your answers. There are generally no surprises. If you know people who may be interested, please pass on the info. Oh there is a $1000 transportation fee paid, the recording takes 2 hours total and the studio is in Neihu near HOLA.

Do you actually have to be married or will living together for x number of years do?

I’d do it but I want paid, dammit! They’re getting paid by their advertisers and they want content but won’t pay for it? Suuuuure! :homer:

Juba,
Should be fine, we had kids before marriage and that was no big deal. I can’t find Xiao Yun’s number but if you PM your contact details, I will ask her to call you Monday if you want more information.

Wanna go together and just giggle Sandman?

I can’t imagine they’ll let anyone bald with a goatee on the telly.

They’ve already heard how much I hate my wife, too many times.
Don’t tell people I’m bald, it’s a secret.
Don’t accept less than $1350 if you do want to appear on this show.
I’m payed more, that’s cause nobody knows I’m bald. Bald dudes make less.
Peace, Mark

[quote=“Ma Ke”]They’ve already heard how much I hate wife, too many times.
Don’t tell people I’m bald, it’s a secret.
Don’t accept less than $1350 if you do want to appear on this show.
I’m payed more, that’s cause nobody knows I’m bald. Bald dudes make less.
Peace, Mark[/quote]

Would I be paid more for better spelling? :smiley: :wink:

I would be willing but I need to get a gf and get married quickly before that.

How about the Surf Shop guy. He would be able to make a substantial contribution.
And, guys if you go, be diplomatic as well as truthful.

There are no spelling tests prior to filming.
IQ and education are not issues. I’ve seen alot of people who aren’t very legit.
Exaggerate all your stories and make them very colorful.
Feel one with your audience, the Chens and the Wangs.
Let Mr. Ma know there are other people feeling the same pain.

[quote=“asiababy”]Juba,
Should be fine, we had kids before marriage and that was no big deal. I can’t find Xiao Yun’s number but if you PM your contact details, I will ask her to call you Monday if you want more information.[/quote]
Thanks but I agree with what Sandman and Ma Ke said about pay. Fame is attractive but alas it alone does not keep body and soul together. I’ve done low-paid acting for one of the shoestring buddhist channels but channel 30 isn’t one of those, is it?

ma ke… who are you? have i seen you on tv?

hmmm… i’d be tempted to go on myself… saw the other day that some show (think it’s the same one) is also looking for mixed-blood kids… my wife wanted to register our daughter, but i’m not sure if they want a 9 m.o.

plus i’m in taichung…

If anyone is interested in this, you can call Xiao Yun on 0922084781, and she will give you more information. Thanks!