HESS kindergarten

From what I understand, teaching kindergarten in Taiwan is illegal…however HESS employs teachers in Young Learners classes which are aged 2-6 years old. I’ve heard though that they manage to do so legally - is it advisable to take a job in the young learners school or is this a bad idea?

To the best of my knowledge there are two ways schools can do this, neither legal for the school itself:

Hiring teachers to work at a standard bushiban, then having them work kindy. If caught you’ll be violating the conditions of your ARC and prone to deportation.

Hiring teachers with open work rights. I haven’t seen anything conclusive to show that it’s illegal for such people to work teaching kindy, but that could change.

FYI, the practice of language teaching in kindergartens is illegal no matter who is doing it. The law targets the practice, not who is doing it. True, JFRV and APRC holders are not subject to deportation. However, the law is the same. Theoretically, a JFRV or APRC holder could be subject to some kind of fine or other punishment, though I’ve never heard of it being done. Still, it isn’t correct to say that, because JFRV and APRC holders are not subject to deportation, it is a completely legal practice.

What law is that? Can you link to it or name it?

It’s a question of connections. It’s not legal for Hess to do this, but I’ve never head of anyone ever getting busted or deported, doing kindy at Hess.

Depends whether or not you want to support stupid shit like that by working there.

I have heard of it. There is always risk involved when you break the law, no matter how stupid the law might be.

I have heard of it. There is always risk involved when you break the law, no matter how stupid the law might be.[/quote]

Ah, really? From Hess? Ok, I take it back then. :blush:

(The law’s a good one in my opinion, but I’m not going to argue it for the 200th time …)