HEY! Go-Karting is AWESOME! (Free ride from Taipei offered)

Not dead, just sleeping… I can’t tell you how much I’ve been dying to get back up there again but you know how it is. Also my gf enjoys riding with me which I thought would be fun, but it turns out that means I have to take her everywhere and riding 2-up with a wriggly girl is about as much fun for me as sticking forks in my arms.

BTW, I tried to call you a few Sundays back to see if you were heading to the track but you must have had your phone in your handbag or something.

Not dead, just sleeping… I can’t tell you how much I’ve been dying to get back up there again but you know how it is. Also my gf enjoys riding with me which I thought would be fun, but it turns out that means I have to take her everywhere and riding 2-up with a wriggly girl is about as much fun for me as sticking forks in my arms.

BTW, I tried to call you a few Sundays back to see if you were heading to the track but you must have had your phone in your handbag or something.[/quote]

If the weather is nice…or even mostly nice…then I’ll be there…it’s a given. Except perhaps this coming Sunday…I’m supposed to pick up the new car.

You’re not going to be there this Sunday the 26th? Or the next Sunday… because I have a full car heading out there the 26th. :smiley:

aCtually I just figured out that the reason we’re supposed to wait until the 26th is because it’s “luckier” than the 23rd or 25th…the car is ready now…and we are just waiting for a lucky number to pick it up. I’m going to ask my girlfriend if we can forget about luck…and maybe I’ll just pray over the car…and pick it up on Friday. When I was young my prayers had some power…maybe I’ve still got enough faith left to negate the less lucky date of car pick up.

aCtually I just figured out that the reason we’re supposed to wait until the 26th is because it’s “luckier” than the 23rd or 25th…the car is ready now…and we are just waiting for a lucky number to pick it up. I’m going to ask my girlfriend if we can forget about luck…and maybe I’ll just pray over the car…and pick it up on Friday. When I was young my prayers had some power…maybe I’ve still got enough faith left to negate the less lucky date of car pick up.[/quote]

If you need my lucky rabbit’s foot, just let me know! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm, doesn’t look like I’ll be making it this Sunday…my gf’s sister is getting married.

But Saturday I’m going PAINTBALLING…so if you guys feel like losing to me in a whole new way…then let me know: [This Sat Nov 25th PAINTBALLING

SHt, too many things to do and not enough time. Go karting is mandatory, for me anyway, cos I’ve not been in ages. Apathy, drunkeness and shte weather kept me away. My back is all nicely healed up so better go and wreck it again. But paintballing… sounds like too much fun as well. How many going to the karts this week? Anyone riding down?

So I’m just picking up on this thread. Who’s going to the track this saturday the 25th?

I’m feeling frisky.

Who else is going this Sunday? I promised to help my mum shift some heavy stuff around in Taipei so if I’m driving up I might as well make a slight detour first, right? I probably won’t bother if there aren’t many of us going though.

It would appear that a lot of people will be “indisposed” on Sunday after MTK’s birthday party Saturday night… :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought you had a full car? I got out of going to the wedding by mentioning to my girlfriend that I made out with the bride once before…and her new husband might not like me being there. It’s her brother-in-law’s brother that’s getting married. So I’ll be there tomorrow. I plan on getting there earlier than usual…maybe 11am.

[quote=“turkey_dinner”]So I’m just picking up on this thread. Who’s going to the track this saturday the 25th?

I’m feeling frisky.[/quote]

Sorry turkey…we seem to only go on Sundays…Saturday is ok with me…but so far it’s always been Sundays. Hopefully you can make it out tomorrow.

I thought you had a full car? I got out of going to the wedding by mentioning to my girlfriend that I made out with the bride once before…and her new husband might not like me being there. It’s her brother-in-law’s brother that’s getting married. So I’ll be there tomorrow. I plan on getting there earlier than usual…maybe 11am.[/quote]

Well, I did have a full car… but people started to cancel left and right and they’re probably wiser than me when it comes to dealing with hangovers. :wink:

Won’t make it tomorrow anymore. Drunk watching rugby, no parties for me. Paintball today was fun, Mordeth’s own team shot him in the head. Be there next week, enjoy your hangovers.

I was supposed to hit the old-growth forest up on Lala Shan… If it doesn’t come together in the next hour I’ll come down there.

Is anyone still going to the track?

I’ve heard stories about you rockin the pack Mordeth… I’ve got a 5 gallon jug that we can fill with water and stuff under your legs.

Give me a head count. I guess it doesn’t really matter how many people are going but it’s way mroe fun if you have a few people at least.

[quote=“turkey_dinner”]I was supposed to hit the old-growth forest up on Lala Shan… If it doesn’t come together in the next hour I’ll come down there.

Is anyone still going to the track?

I’ve heard stories about you rockin the pack Mordeth… I’ve got a 5 gallon jug that we can fill with water and stuff under your legs.

Give me a head count. I guess it doesn’t really matter how many people are going but it’s way mroe fun if you have a few people at least.[/quote]

Llary might still be coming…but he usually doesn’t show even when he says he will (unreliable white folk), I’m going and I got a friend of mine who’s coming with me…it’s his first time, but he used to race modified VWs back in America. I think Nonsequitor might still be coming…he doesn’t seem to mind racing while hungover.

And if you speak Chinese I can introduce you to the regulars there who I am pretty good friends with.

There are a couple of guys who are a lot heavier than I…and still manage to beat me. My weight isn’t my only advantage…thankyouverymuch.

Hey guys…thought you might find this interesting…I did a 40 second lap (35,36 is our norm) yesterday at the go-kart track and got it on film: one.revver.com/watch/109189

except for the fact that you have to log in at revver…

Sorry, fixed it…no login required for link now: one.revver.com/watch/109189

not bad… now it’s time to get some mods done to the swift to actually make it swift… then you should be able to keep up with your go-kart time… wonder if the old swift GTiR engine would fit in?

it’s a good little car, but too small for my family oriented needs… and if i need performance… that’s what two wheels is for :smiley: