Hey guys, I have a question

Right you are. I took it to mean the same thing. Maybe not.

I might be a little diferent… but I can’t imagine staying far from my lady so long, even if it is for work…

But I am a familly guy, so I’m dependent on it to live. Even at work I’m allways talking with her… (we both have the luck to work in offices where messenger is a key to the business).

Okay. I do know what he is busy with. He has a shit ton of work he has to get done before he has to go out of town for a month at the end of this month. I am still not sure whether or not this was a polite blow off. But then again, this boy has been the king of mixed signals since I first started chasing him in January.
But the thing is that he is his own boss. So I do feel that this means you chose if you have time or not. But we will see. Who knows.
I feel blown off. But that doesn’t mean much. I can be a bit :loco: (I am a woman, after all).

There was no say of “No phone calls. No texts, ect” and he did call yesterday to nag me and make sure I had gotten dinner (WTF) So who knows.
If he is busy, that is just fine with me. I have my guitar to keep me warm at night. :smiley:

Trust me, that’s definitely not always the case.

As long as he is really busy on his work and you guys still talk on phone, why worry?

I am my own boss too, and when I am really busy, I still can find the time to sleep. If I work very late, I would just get the GF over and then work and chat to her at the same time. After that, we would tuck into bed.

Easy.

And she does not feel cast aside or let down.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]Okay. I do know what he is busy with. He has a shit ton of work he has to get done before he has to go out of town for a month at the end of this month. I am still not sure whether or not this was a polite blow off. But then again, this boy has been the king of mixed signals [color=red]since I first started chasing him in January. [/color]
But the thing is that he is his own boss. So I do feel that this means you chose if you have time or not. But we will see. Who knows.
I feel blown off. But that doesn’t mean much. I can be a bit :loco: (I am a woman, after all).

There was no say of “No phone calls. No texts, ect” and [color=red]he did call yesterday to nag me and make sure I had gotten dinner /color So who knows.
If he is busy, that is just fine with me. I have my guitar to keep me warm at night. :smiley:[/quote]

You started chasing him? Well there is your answer…
He called to make sure you ate. Well, he hasn’t blown you off.

In the words of the Troy McClure “Get confident, stupid!” Just a joke there fob, not an attack.

Okay the verdict is in and it is a language barrier. Yes he is busy as hell. And yes, that is why he hasn’t been calling. And yes it is why he said he couldn’t see me for a while. But it is actually busy busy. Judging from the look of his studio and how haggardly tired he looks, it is TOO busy.

I feel much better now Thank you guys for good advice and stuff.

I agree with Tetsuo.

Details. Get the details. If he can’t give you a believable story, then dump HIM and date someone more worthy. Like…sa… [color=red] ME![/color]

(NOT A PERSONAL AD- PLEASE DON’T TURN ME INTO A FISH WITH TWO EYES ON THE SAME SIDE OF ITS HEAD!!)

That is a classic I want to dump you line. Since he kept contacting you, I have a feeling that he doesn’t want commitment and stragle you around just for you know what.! :smiling_imp:

I don’t think so. I think he is acrually really busy. It is a classic “I want to dump you” line, though. But then again, I think that may be cultural. And he probably doesn’t know that what he told me was pretty much a dump line.
He has since asked me to visit him while he is out of town. So I think it really is business.

It’s not so difficult to image that he actually is very busy. Being your own boss often means working crazy hours that no employee would accept (except for some Japanese, maybe). There’s no law to prevent entrepreneurs from exploiting themselves.

When somebody tells me: “Wow, it’s great that you’re working for yourself and not for some stupid boss” I usually tell them “I’m working for my customers”. That’s not a joke, though most people laugh about it. My workload depends a lot on the customers, suppliers, competitors and many other external factors. Yes, I do have the freedom to organize my work in the way I want and that’s great, however, this does not change the fact that the work has to be done in the end. If I don’t do it now, but instead prefer to post on Forumosa, it just means I’ll have to do it later. If I postpone lots of my work for some reason, from a certain point on this would mean I’d have to work practically around the clock to catch up - or I’d fail, lose customers, miss deadlines to file financial statements, etc. Add some unexpected external influence to this and you’ve got a situation where I’d barely have enough time to sleep.

Now if I had just started a relationship with my GF (and possibly postponed a lot of work because of this :wink:), it would make sense for me not to see her frequently for a few weeks for two reasons: 1. to get the work done and 2. to avoid giving her a bad impression of myself because I’m to tired to listen, don’t want to go out, fall asleep during a romantic dinner, etc.

Sure, this would be an unpleasant and extreme situation and I’d try to avoid it, but it’s not something completely unplausible.

We created a monster. Now that he knows I thought it was a break line, he calls me and gives me his daily scedule… which honestly I think is super cute.
And then he appologizes. He gives me the run down of the whole day, and then appologizes for it. Damn that is too cute. :laughing:

SuchaFob wrote:

[quote]We created a monster. Now that he knows I thought it was a break line, he calls me and gives me his daily scedule… which honestly I think is super cute.
[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhh — Yes, that is very sweet! He DOES love you!

i told my girl friend last year durng my exam period it would be better if i spent the next few months apart so i could pass my exams.

in the end she kept calling me and when i ignored her calls she would get her friends to harrass me. i failed my exams. but i got so angry at her i decided to ignore her for life.

Dag, bigtwo – BRUTAL.

you BOTH lost!

Dude. That chick SHOULD be curbed. :loco: I am going the proactive route. If I want to see him I go help him with his work. I figure that this a) helps him out and b) makes me feel less neglected (and then C- brownie points)
Unfortunately, I have to tell him tomorrow that I can’t go with him on his trip (he asked me to go) because I am too busy.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]Dude. That chick SHOULD be curbed. :loco: I am going the proactive route. If I want to see him I go help him with his work. I figure that this a) helps him out and b) makes me feel less neglected (and then C- brownie points)
Unfortunately, I have to tell him tomorrow that I can’t go with him on his trip (he asked me to go) because I am too busy.[/quote]

Glad things are working out with you and your busy man SAFOB! :smiley:

Just curious, what kind of work does he do that made him say he couldn’t see you for 30 days? I’ve dated a couple of Taiwanese guys too and like you, never know if the “busy” line is bullshit or legit.

[quote=“Erhu”][quote=“SuchAFob”]Dude. That chick SHOULD be curbed. :loco: I am going the proactive route. If I want to see him I go help him with his work. I figure that this a) helps him out and b) makes me feel less neglected (and then C- brownie points)
Unfortunately, I have to tell him tomorrow that I can’t go with him on his trip (he asked me to go) because I am too busy.[/quote]

Just curious, what kind of work does he do that made him say he couldn’t see you for 30 days? I’ve dated a couple of Taiwanese guys too and like you, never know if the “busy” line is bullshit or legit.[/quote]

Why do always have to doubt a guy’s truthfullness? Sounds like you’ve never learnt the value of trust and without that no relationship is going to last. Is there a difference because they are “Taiwanese guys”? Why not just say guys instead of bringing nationality into it.

I used to do the kind of work where I wouldn’t see my G/F for weeks at a time. I would be in bed by 8pm and up at 5am, work from 6am to 5pm or 6pm, eat head home and crash before she finished her work / studies.

Damn… 30 days is nothing.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Erhu”][quote=“SuchAFob”]Dude. That chick SHOULD be curbed. :loco: I am going the proactive route. If I want to see him I go help him with his work. I figure that this a) helps him out and b) makes me feel less neglected (and then C- brownie points)

Just curious, what kind of work does he do that made him say he couldn’t see you for 30 days? I’ve dated a couple of Taiwanese guys too and like you, never know if the “busy” line is bullshit or legit.[/quote]

Why do always have to doubt a guy’s truthfullness? Sounds like you’ve never learnt the value of trust and without that no relationship is going to last.

I used to do the kind of work where I wouldn’t see my G/F for weeks at a time. I would be in bed by 8pm and up at 5am, work from 6am to 5pm or 6pm, eat head home and crash before she finished her work / studies.

Damn… 30 days is nothing.[/quote]

I think I’m just trying to work out the culture aspect Satellite TV. I’ve never really had the “busy” line from a guy until I came to Taiwan. I’ve heard from others that Taiwanese guys are notorious for neglecting their relationships because of work. However, I know others who have Taiwanse boyfriends that are very attentive. I accepted the “busy” line from a guy that I dated here. I totally trusted him, but my Taiwanese girlfriends told me that he should be spending more time with me. He kept me on the line by saying he wanted to to spend time with me, but he was just “too busy”. Weeks turned to months and then I bumped into his friends one day. They told me this guy (their good friend) is a big liar and just likes to play around with lots of girls. WTF? I should have listened to my Taiwanese girlfriends.

Edit Add: By the way, I’m in no way saying that a guy isn’t being truthful when he says he’s busy. I really hope things work out with SuchaFob and her guy. I really thought my guy was being sincere. He took great pains to explain why he was so busy and did things that made me think he was serious, like introducing me to his family and stuff. I was quite shocked when I found out the guy had been lying to me. But if I had to do it all over again, I’m sure I’d believe him again.

Actually, Satellite, I’m the opposite of what you say. I rarely question a guys honesty when I’m dating him. I like to believe that people are telling me the truth. Some people call me naive, but I’d rather go through life trusting people and being wrong, then being bitter and distrustful. Every person get’s a clean slate when he’s in a relationship with me.