Hey ladies...Mother Nature is a bitch!

I came across a disturbing ariticle in the editorials of the TT today:

“Evolution wants women to live a wholesome life”
Bella Bathurst
The Guardian

It seems that women get the short end to the cervix when it comes to sex-specific cancers.

“Basically, if you want to avoid gettin cervical cancer, you should forget abortion, contraception, smoking, drugs, sleeping with anyone other then your husband, having sex too young, hormone-replacement therapy, and obesity. Your chances of contracting ovarian cancer are increased if you don’t breastfeed, if you don’t have children and if you hang around long enough to get old.”

But on the other side of the bed:

“Men, meanwhile, have no such worries. The only known contributory factors to prostate cancer are a fatty diet, and for testicular cancer, heredity.”

Conclusive solutions?

“Which leaves today’s smoking, drinking, promiscuous, childless 20/30/40 somethings in something of a dilemma. Since it is now far too late for us to organize our way back into sober, youthful innocence, what are we supposed to do? Should we now start to regard men not as equals but as cheap mobile anticarcinogens? Announce ourselves, like those born-again virgins in America, to be newly without sin? Or should we just acknowledge that Darwin and moralizers have it in for us, and get on with things.”

Seems the bottom line is evolution has it out for fun-loving, free spirited, waiting 'til I’m good and ready gals.

Question is, if you knew then what you know now, would you have done it any other way?

I’m getting married soon, so perhaps I can begin to reverse some of the damage that’s been done!

Zen

Zen,

I’m reading that one to my wife! Great post!

You need to read this article from The Economist then

economist.com/displayStory.cfm?story_id=456056

CYA
Okami