Hey Song Sarsparilla masquerading as Coke at McDonalds?!?

Has anyone else noticed that Coke at McDonalds tastes almost nothing like Coke, and almost exactly like the HeySong Sarsparilla garbage? Perhaps all the franchise owners of McDonalds got together and discussed ways to dupe customers and save money. That HeySong shit, made in Taiwan, has undoubtedly got to be cheaper than coke. It looks the same, and to the unsuspecting Taiwanese tounge (the same tounges that can handle Stinky Tofu, mind you) it probably tastes pretty similar…but not here. I know Coke when I drink it, and that shit they’ve been selling at the McDonalds around my house, and the few I’ve been to in Taipei, tastes nothing like it. Man, at least substitute it with a COLA product.

Personally I prefer Sarsparilla or Sprite to the sickly sweet taste of Coke. So I don’t really care if this has happened although due to this post I may start buying Coke on my irregular trips to McDonalds in Taiwan.

I got a coke at the Mcdonalds near Taipei main station and I shit you not, it tasted exactly like a rum and coke. Made my friggin’ day, though it didn’t do the trick.
The coke at the Sun Yat Sen Mcdonalds is the real deal. I actually only go to Mcdonalds for the cokes or sprites. Food goes straight to my ass.

No clou how the coke tastes at Mc Donald’s but any coke (coca cola brand that is) tastes here different. Cans, versus glass bottles, versus Plastic and the ones that come on Tap is actually flat. Doubt that anybody would replace Coke with the product from Hey Song, the saving would be so little and the loss of image so big but then never exclude it in Taiwan. Most Bar owners including myself would not be able to tell anyway as it seems all of us favour it mixed with JD.

I have some friends at Swire Group that look after coke, let me ask the question and shall revert!

I had a tin of Coca-Cola Classic recently. Awesome. Why did they change it? I’ve been a Pepsi man ever since.

My husband and I have had that same sasparilla coke flavor experience. Yucked me out! Can’t remember if it was at McD’s, though. I think it just happens. Mayber they’re made on the same equipment, or at the same plant. Perhaps they get boxed wrongly. But I don’t doubt at all that some Taiwan boss might put up a Coke lable and sell something home made and cheaper.

The new coke flavour at MCD’s is lemon coke which has been around in the USA for a long time… I didn’t think it was too bad but then I like the local made sarsparella too. Not as sweet as traditional sodas.

I don’t know where you find the space to have a McDonalds around your house. The only thing I have around my house are mosquitoes. Stop complaining, most people have to walk down street.

Don’t cuss the stinky DoFu.

Did you see the other day about how popular Mexican Coca-Cola imported into the States is becoming. It’s because it’s still made with cane sugar, not corn syrup.

Don’t know about Taiwan’s.

[quote=“Taverncaptain”] Most Bar owners including myself would not be able to tell anyway as it seems all of us favour it mixed with JD.

[/quote]

Thanks for reminding me. I think I shall forego my morning coffee in favour of one.

Bob

[quote=“TpeBob”][quote=“Taverncaptain”] Most Bar owners including myself would not be able to tell anyway as it seems all of us favour it mixed with JD.

[/quote]

Thanks for reminding me. I think I shall forego my morning coffee in favour of one.

Bob[/quote]
Good suggestion but I switched to Red Bull Jaegermeister from this week :laughing: