Hezbollah-Taiwan relations

I realize Taiwan is hard up for any kind of international recognition but Hezbollah?

What is the Taiwan government thinking?

gulf-times.com/site/topics/a … rent_id=25
Probably just discussing the price of Taiwanese rice or fruit.
:noway:

Can THIS be the bottom of the barrel please?

Who else wants to admit to relations with the Chen Government? jesus his own party wants to avoid public ties with the man

[quote=“Eric W. Lier”]I realize Taiwan is hard up for any kind of international recognition but Hezbollah?
[/quote]

Nothing surprises me anymore.

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Eric W. Lier”]I realize Taiwan is hard up for any kind of international recognition but Hezbollah?
[/quote]

Nothing surprises me anymore.[/quote]

Well…you have to admit, Hezbollah gets a hell of alot more respect from the Europeans than Taiwan does. Maybe if Taiwan picked up some of Hezbollah’s tactics…

Nope. Sorry. I don’t want to go there.

[quote=“Eric W. Lier”]I realize Taiwan is hard up for any kind of international recognition but Hezbollah?

What is the Taiwan government thinking?

gulf-times.com/site/topics/a … rent_id=25
Probably just discussing the price of Taiwanese rice or fruit.
:noway:[/quote]

When the rest of the world would rather be friends with the country that has 800 odd missles pointed at you, I guess you can’t afford to be fussy about who your friends are.

That being the case, we know what Taiwan got out of the deal. So what does Hezbollah get out of Hezbollah-Taiwan relations? Hezbollah is not represented in the UN. They could care less about international recognition. Their only purpose for existence is the destruction of Israel by any means.
I don’t think it was Taiwanese mangos or rice Hezbollah was after.

Me neither. However, I can’t help but notice the article said the meeting happened earlier this year. Why only report on it now?

From my understanding it was a “secret” meeting. There are lots of secret diplomatic meetings that are not often reported by MOFA. Anyways, after the trip to Libya, I’m sure that a sidetrip to Lebanon (remember this was before the current crisis) would not have been deemed that newsworthy at the time to Taiwan’s media. However, other foreign countries knew about the trip.

When relations with Chad were severed and with news about the Lebanon/Hezbollah-Israeli conflict getting loads of press coverage, I am sure the foreign minster’s trips in the region were more thoroughly examined by the media.

I asked a friend of mine in the IDF. This was his guess.

[quote]Hezbollah has American TOW anti-tank missiles…where did they come from?
IDF

Posted on 08/04/2006 9:19:07 PM PDT by janetjanet998

These are IDF pictures of the American TOW missiles they found with other hezbollah arms…CNN also mentioned they have found some TOWS [/quote]
freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678137/posts