I have found myself, for the first time in my life, doing something illegal (with regards to Visa). Rather ominously, the other forumosa threads have been rather quiet on this subject?!
However my company told me not to visit the foreign police whilst my working permit was being processed, as even if this was delayed, it didn’t affect residency in any way; but today I was informed by the Yen Ping lot that if I had told them in advance my residency was delayed in any way IF I had told them beforehand (my company told me not to) then it would have been ok.
As it is I’m sorely tempted to go back with the boyf in Sept. BUT should I just wait the 30 odd days and then approach the foreign police and get an exit visa (what’s the worst that can happen?? I don’t want to return to Taiwan within the next year) or do I have to go to Hong Kong again again??