Hi-Fi

A quick look at www.richersounds.co.uk has convinced me the price of DVD players, amps, speakers, and everything is simply astronomical here. Anyone know where proper Hi-Fi and DVD stuff can be got here at reasonable prices ? I’m tired of being quoted 800 quid for amps and speakers make in a sweat shop in Guangzhou. It’s looking like it’s going to be a lot cheaper to ship my old turntable, records, videos, DVDs, amps, speakers (the whole kit and caboodle), over here than to buy second-rate stuff here. Some of you must know a place !?

it’s always going to be more expensive here.

this shop was pretty good, I got an ok deal on a japanese rotel amp:

http://www.hifi.com.tw

If you know what your looking for, look on their website and find out the local distributor contact details. they can point you in the right direction if you contact them. I got my Cambridge Audio cd player this way, at a good price.
I met a very cool distributor for NAD this way too, I was ready to buy an amp directly from him but liked the other one a bit better. he has a lot of speakers as well.

Music Scope Co. Ltd
1F, No. 87 Kung Kuan Road
Peitou Dist, Taipei 112
R.O.C.
Tel: + (886) 228 924 555
Fax: + (886) 228 924 556
E-mail: musicsco@ms22.hinet.net

Thanks, Daltongang for all the information.

I’ve been looking for this kind of shop, too. I guess they are happy to demonstrate the equipment for you, and any idea if they speak a little English?

[quote=“Soddom”]Thanks, Daltongang for all the information.

I’ve been looking for this kind of shop, too. I guess they are happy to demonstrate the equipment for you, and any idea if they speak a little English?[/quote]

Sure, bring some CD’s. I remember the guy in Beitou spoke English, not sure about that first place. My best bet would be that someone has gotta speak at least a little English in those kind of shops though.