Hi-res fonts for Palm Supermemo?

I’m wondering if anybody has successfully hacked their Palm OS in order to allow Chinese characters to display in Supermemo in high resolution? I think in order to have high resolution Chinese fonts viewable on your palm, you need a high resolution screen (320x320).

I know that if you click on the edit screen in Supermemo, the fonts will display in hi-res, but I’d like to avoid having to do that, if possible, just to see hi-res fonts.

I’m seriously considering buying a Palm with a high resolution screen solely for this purpose. I don’t like the low-res fonts on my current PDA, and would be willing to pay for something that works well.

Does anybody know which type of system would be hackable for this purpose? Palm OS 4.x, 5.x ? I’ve heard that 5.x is not as easy to hack as 4.x systems.

There used to be a post in the archives that explained all of this for a Sony Clie with Palm 4.x, but after an extensive search, I wasn’t able to find it again. If anybody has a similar explanation of how to accomplish this font hack in Supermemo, please let me know.

Two more questions:
Does anybody have a Palm OS PDA with the setup I described above that they’d be willing to sell me?

Does anybody have any palm Chinese databases that they’d be willing to give/sell/trade me?

Thank you very much for your help,
Scott

I think I just shit myself. :astonished:

[quote=“wiki.supermemo.org”][url=http://wiki.supermemo.org/index.php?title=SuperMemo_for_Palm_Pilot]Future Version (SuperMemo 2.0)

Estimated release date is mid 2005. New features:

* data export/import in three formats (Q&A, XML, tab-delimited)
* [b]hi-res card display on hi-res screens[/b][/url][/quote]

This is wonderful news to end a wonderful day. If all my existing databases will be compatible with this version… speechless. This is motivation to start working on my Doraemon flashcard set. :smiley:

[quote=“miltownkid”]I think I just shit myself. :astonished:

[quote=“wiki.supermemo.org”][url=http://wiki.supermemo.org/index.php?title=SuperMemo_for_Palm_Pilot]Future Version (SuperMemo 2.0)

Estimated release date is mid 2005. New features:

* data export/import in three formats (Q&A, XML, tab-delimited)
* [b]hi-res card display on hi-res screens[/b][/url][/quote]

This is wonderful news to end a wonderful day. If all my existing databases will be compatible with this version… speechless. This is motivation to start working on my Doraemon flashcard set. :smiley:[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I hope your laughing with me. :blush:

:laughing:

I hope your laughing with me. :blush:

:laughing:[/quote]

Sure is! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The XML export will be nice too (I think :S).

Yeah, I’d seen that Wiki before too. The only thing is, it used to say that it would be released in something like March 2005. When that didn’t happen, I started to wonder if that was really true or not. I guess you’re right. I should see what happens with this new version 2.0. Has anyone found out anything official on this?

I emailed them yesterday about this so hopefully I’ll get a response in a few days. I’ll be sure to post the update.

[quote=“Guy From Team Supermemo”]Dear [miltownkid],

While looking for a high resolution hack for the palm version of
SuperMemo I stumbled upon the wiki which said a new (high rez
compatible) version will come out mid 2005. (YEEEEEEE HHAAAAAA!!!)

Will my current databases be compatible with the new one?

Definitely. They will be the same or there will be a convertor.

That’s really my only question. Been using it for 2+ years and love
it. Would there be a way I could be a reseller of this program or be a
part of some kind of affiliate program? Just asking since I always
catch myself selling it so hard.

Yes, it is possible. Would you like to start selling it now or after the new version is out? [/quote]
Shameless me. Always trying to make a buck :blush: . At least you’ll know who to go to when the new one comes out :smiley:.

I also wrote them and just got a reply.

They wrote:
“Thanks for your e-mail. We are working on the new version right now.
However, we have not announced any release date yet.”

So I don’t know if we can really say when it’ll come out. At least they are working on it, though.

Indeed. I’m doing really well with the current version and it’s low rezness. It should be a nice upgrade though.